Gold Coast Exterior: GC_01 [Unclaimed]

Claim Exterior work
Scamp
P:C Council Member

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Unclaimed] [Anv

Post by Scamp » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:02 am

I'm really not sure about claiming anything at the moment. Sorry for the lack of contributions on my part. Whenever I'm not busy with my thesis these days I don't have much motivation or inspiration for modding - and even then, there's still that neglected SHotN claim I'm sitting on.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:30 pm

I'd love to lend a hand here when I'm finished with my winter exams in two weeks. :) I've been meaning to do some P:C work for a while now actually, but there's always been something to do at SHotN... By this time we should be wrapping up the Karthwasten release hopefully, though.

I started getting familiar with this area and damn, there's plenty still to do here. What exactly would this claim be about? Fixing shortcomings born from ongoing makeover, finishing said makeover, detailing already started wilderness cell (most notably finishing the highways and tweaking the roads, adding missing vertex painting and some rocks to the seabed)...? Or maybe starting work on further exterior cells...? It's also kind of hard for a stranger to tell what the boundaries of this claim are, due to it's dependency on main landmass file.
But we can't open those up until we have at minimum a couple new assets.
Telling by the list you posted, wouldn't it be easy to sew in these assets afterwards, though, and use placeholder land textures and shrubs for now? At least as far as wilderness cells are considered.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:10 am

I'd rather not use placeholders - half of the work we've had with Stirk is replacing sub-par assets, and data is still plagued with bad models (especially the flora containers).

Most of the work in the claim was/is in redoing and detailing the city center, which also had a lot of bad or limited assets (the former docks, for example). The countrysde north of Anvil needs some detailing, but is mostly ok. The seabed still needs a lot of work to bring it in line with detailing around Stirk.

The right-hand section of greyed-out cells on this map (between Brina Cross and the lakes at Lindasael) is still completely undeveloped as far as I know (though it might be part of the Brina Cross file?) download/file.php?id=792&mode=view/rele ... t_0.06.jpg

Scamp
P:C Council Member

Post by Scamp » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:13 am

The grey cells you're referring to are part of the Brina Cross file, but they're mostly empty. I remember someone might've been working on them as an exterior showcase, but I could be wrong...

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Alright, as it turned out passing the semester was more demanding than expected (I still have one remaining essay to write), but I think I've got time for some exterior work :) I'm sorry for delay.

If that's fine with you, I figured I could start with Anvil part, rather than grabbing new wilderness cells - not only not to use placeholder meshes or double any possible work simultaneously done in the showcase (griff's?), but also I'd rather wait with developing new cells until I can say I feel the Gold Coast, it's atmosphere and the tileset. The ongoing Anvil redo on the other hand is pretty well documented and planned, so I'm less likely to screw anything, especially if I keep consulting the boards. I'll understand of course if you prefered the city makeover to be done by one of PC modders, but there's plenty else I could help with here in the countryside around Anvil as well - fixing aforementioned highways or (slightly) detailing the seabeds. At any rate I'd like to check the water temperature first, before diving too deep into (Abecean :P ) sea, plus I'm not fully time-flexible as for now yet.

With that in mind, I'm asking for a grant.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:30 pm

I wouldn't have a problem with it. But I don't know what infragris is thinking. is the docks-issue still prevalent?

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Yeah, sure. Just hold on a day or two, so I can document the area a little.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:40 am

Cool :) I'll try to finish that essay in the meantime, so take your time.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:38 pm

sorry about the wait, berry, I've been in a special place called hell lately. Do you want to work on the city, or on the wilderness to the north of the city? There's also some underwater tiles and the completely undeveloped part to the east - whoever was working on that probably isn't coming back. If you want the city, I do have to warn you that some of the docks still need to be switched out for better versions, which is a tricky job.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Sorry, yes, I'd still like to help. Currently I'm in this lovely mode of "work full time->eat->work on master thesis->sleep & repeat", so I have near naught time to mod. Still, I like having some CS work due to tinker with in free time (hypothetical as for now :P ), but as I can't really guarantee any reasonable progress pace I believe I'd better didn't grab a claim as important as Anvil. I'd like to take some random wilderness cells, ideally, but whatever works for you. :)

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:07 am

Yeah, I know the drill. You can basically take your pick from the map: #4 is mostly done, but still lacks some ruins and details. #2 and #3 are fresh, but for #2 you'd need to coordinate with roerich. Also, the Anvil file included here won't work as intended without the upcoming data update, due to missing wall assets.
Attachments
Anvil_1_07.esp
(2.42 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
release area 2-3 - Gold Coast_0.10.jpg

roerich
Project Administrator

Post by roerich » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:26 am

Finishing #2 would give us a nice beach head to launch our assault on Claim Sutch.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:46 am

Although Sutch has to wait for asset dev, and finishing 4 and 3 could lead to an alpha release of the southern coast.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Updated file to incorporate data changes. I've plonked down some of the new houses, looks like they'll fit right in. Mind, the old windows and doors aren't yet aligned properly. The slight changes to the flat bits are a subtle improvement, but I feel like they make the set look better on the whole. Thanks, worsas.
Attachments
Anvil_1_08.esp
(2.42 MiB) Downloaded 22 times

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Wed May 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Ok, things to keep in mind for the claim:
  • Not all of the new assets (arcade addons and double houses) have been well-implemented. Some windows, doors, etc. are floating. Also, not all double houses have been replaced.
  • Same goes for the docks: there are still a couple of large upscaled blocks that need to be replaced with the seamless set around the inner marina.
  • The graveyard, which was removed from its place next tot then navy harbor, has to be recreated outside the walls.
  • There's supposed to be a runestone north of town, no assets for it right now.
  • Feels like a lot of houses feature too many windows, especially in the poor district. Maybe also mix it up so that one house can have different styles of window, like in Stirk.
  • "Reefs" on the south side of town are half-assed.
  • Compared to surroundings, the overuse of rock assets to make the cliffs feels al little over the top maybe? idk

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Wed May 03, 2017 7:57 pm

I have spoken to infragris on discord and offered to continue on this claim next. Berry, I hope you don't mind that.

berry
PT Modder

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: GC_01 [worsas] [Anvil]

Post by berry » Sat May 06, 2017 11:25 am

Cool, sure. I'm sorry, I had virtually no time for serious modding last month, but I can do some exteriors now. Can I claim some cells further in the landmass, like these claims #2 or #3 (probably #3 would be better, not to overlap with roerich's Thresvy)?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Sat May 06, 2017 3:29 pm

A first update to show my road changes. Not much has happened within Anvil itself yet, but I currently plan to extend the golden road into the city itself where it will flow into the harbor. I also consider switching the current cobbles texture for something that conflicts less with the highway texture.

I know that the buildings in Anvil have priority, but I need to work on something like this road first to warm up.

@berry: I'm sure everyone would appreciate some progress on the gold coast. Some of that area is covered in Griffs exterior showcase, that he hasn't updated in ages, though. viewtopic.php?f=66&t=497 Consider recycling some of his work.
Attachments
Anvil_1_09.7z
(638.37 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Wed May 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Have an update.
Attachments
Anvil_1_10.7z
(14.62 MiB) Downloaded 19 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Thu May 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Another update??!

Yes, it is true. In fact I have an extraordinary modding day behind myself that consisted of pursuing the unrealistic aim of finishing this whole claim or at least getting it to be ready for interior claims. I dare to say that we are 99% there. I just need to finish the main harbor now and add galleons aswell as do the graveyard outside of the city walls. Even the Dibella temple is at a mostly satisfactory state at this point.

I would like to take a small break from this claim. If anyone feels like continuing in the meantime, he shall be my guest, unless he thinks it to be a good idea to keep this locked for another month, in which case I will forcefully intervene and discard his/her progress.

Enjoy!
Attachments
Anvil_1_11.7z
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 22 times

roerich
Project Administrator

Post by roerich » Fri May 12, 2017 8:17 am

I want to be worsas when I grow up.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Sun May 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Very nice. I'll update the interior designations, and if everything is fine we'll be able to open up interiors in no time.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Mon May 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Harbor and graveyard should be set now, except for final detailling. some wall towers don't have doors yet and I'm honestly uncertain how the interiors for those should be handled. Probably as small as possible and maybe even handled in a single claim.
Attachments
Anvil_1_12.7z
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 17 times

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Mon May 15, 2017 11:35 pm

Yes, wall towers should lead to simple, small hallways and stairs in the imperial legion set. These are meant only to reach the ramparts around the town, the defense works are otherwise solid masonry. Only exception would be the part where the wall joins up with the Navy HQ. A single claim for all these hallways was what I had in mind as well.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Wed May 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Interior Claims:
pc_devmap_Anvil_01.jpg
ATTN: these designations ate temporary, many things might still change.
1. Castle Umbanox
2. Anvil Lighthouse

Garden District
3. Principal Temple of Dibella
4. Praetorium
5. Thimistrel Manor (Colo-Nord)
6. Saint Amiel Circle
7. Benirus Manor (abandoned)

Marina District
8. Colo-Nord Noble Manor
9. Navy Officer Manor
10. Expensive Merchant
11. Expensive Alchemist & Perfumer
12. Navy Officer Manor
13. Expensive Clothier & Jeweler
14. Fighters Guild
15. The Abecette (Gambling Palace)
16. The Counts’ Arms Inn
17. Expensive Smith (Orrin)
18. Noble Manor
19. …
20. Emperor Zero Temple
21. Pawnbroker & Loan Shark (Thieves Guild)
22. Mages Guild
23. Apartment Building (expensive)
24. Apothecary
25. General Merchant
26. Apartments
27. Town House (Merchant)
28. Morvayn’s Peacemakers (smith)
29. Clothier
30. Apartments (possible shop)
31. Census & Excise Building
32. Census & Excise Building
33. Apartments (expensive, two sides)
34. Guildhall?
35. Harbormaster’s Office
36. Warehouse
37. Warehouse
38. Warehouse

Harbor District
39. East Empire Company Office
40. Apartments (poor, sailor accomodations)
41. Merchant Manor (EEC)
42. Merchant Captain Manor
43. Warehouse (Briricca Company)
44. Warehouse (Abecean Traders)
45. Kynareth Shrine
46. Warehouse (White Scarab Company)
47. Apartments (poor, sailor accomodations)
48. Silkweaver Guilhall & Silk Exchange

Canal District
49. Apartments (poor)
50. Poor Inn & Thieves Guild HQ
51. Apartments (poor)
52. Apartments (poor)
53. Apartments (poor)
54. Apartments (poor)
55. Tavern & Gambling Den
56. Apartments (poor)
57. The Flowing Bowl Inn & Brothel
58. Apartments (Drowner Cult Hideout)
59. Apartments (poor)
60. Apartments (poor)
61. Apartments (poor)
62. Apartments (poor)
63. Apartments (poor)
64. Apartments (poor)
65. Apartments (Orc scout party)
66. Apartments (poor)
67. Apartments (poor)
68. Apartments (poor)

Navy Port District
69. Defense Wall (three interiors)
70. West Navy HQ
71. Barracks
72. City Wall (many interiors)

Outside
73. Saint Naharine Circle
74. Stables & Caravan Stop (fast travel)
75. Arkay Temple
76. Noble Crypt
77. Noble Crypt

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Sat May 20, 2017 11:54 am

Completed detailling the bottom row of cells in the claim, almost exclusively seafloor. Tried my best to match it to the seafloor of adjacent areas.
Attachments
Anvil_1_13.7z
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 15 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Tue May 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Major update. Underwater detailling is completed except for the three columns of cells that separate the Anvil claim from the Abecean seafloor contained in the stirk file. I also assigned regions to cells and cleared names from wilderness cells.

This all said, I will drop this claim for now for someone else to finish up the land portions.

What still needs to be done is detailliing the streets of Anvil, in particular the market stalls and the properties in the garden district, aswell as creating the imperial fortresses and ruins that are currently only roughly laid-out. There are also complaints with the poor quarter that need to be addressed. The wilderness around the graveyard and the Mara shrine needs detailling, too. But with the ugly and terrible seafloor work out of the way that should be a more comfortable task now.
Attachments
Anvil_1_14.7z
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 25 times

Yeti
SHotN Jarl

Post by Yeti » Wed May 24, 2017 2:04 am

Worsas is the hero Tamriel needs. Really, your work on this has been a blessing. I regret not being able to do a tenth of what you've gotten done with Anvil.

worsas
Project Administrator

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: GC_01 [Anvil]

Post by worsas » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:09 pm

I have recommenced work on this area in order to fill three rows of cells of seafloor between the coast and the seafloor of the stirk release. This is the first, dirty WIP - file.
Attachments
Anvil_1_15.7z
(943.96 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: GC_01 [Worsas]

Post by worsas » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Well, this went quicker than expected. The seaground up to the stirk release is basically complete now. It could use 1-2 wrecks or other minor points of interest still, but for the most part it's done. Passing this back, so whoever wants can continue on this claim.
Attachments
Anvil_1_16.7z
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 12 times

Return to “Unclaimed”