Direnni ruin [Reviewed]

View and discuss completed claims
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Direnni ruin [Reviewed]

Post by roerich »

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/aOczbAl.jpg[/hsimg]

Close to the Falkirstad. Purpose is as of yet unclear, but post if you have any ideas. I have some ideas for Direnni ruins myself, but they would be better suited elsewhere.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

For few weeks now an idea has been haunting me: a Direnni orichalcum mine, hollowed around a giant shaft, used by Altmers to levitate ore out of this complex. Some days ago I had tons of studying upon my head, so I obviously started fiddling with this idea in CS :P and I'm glad of the way it is turning out. I thought this claim would make a perfect spot for it - it doesn't resemble a Direnni fortress (no dome etc) from the outside, while it clearly used to be quite well fortified - I figured this could had been something like a Fort Strand, with fortifications protecting the mine. Plus it's in a central point of Direnni dominion, close to the capital and other fortresses, and this area is rich in minerals.

As for the gameplay reasons for this solution, I thought this interior could serve as a connector to Worsas' canyon (and maybe the goblin cavern, too - please see the overview schemes below), because there is currently no way of reaching it within finished areas, other than simply jumping down there. So the shaft's bottom ends with water, and then, after a short swim, there's a natural cavern. I put the doors there that could lead to one of the caves located within the canyon. Another doors, located in the middle of the shaft, supposedly leads to the goblins. That one could be easily replaced with a collapsed corridor or whatever else, though.

Here are some plans showing how I see it, followed by few in-game screenshots of the shaft and the mining corridors:

[spoiler2]Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image[/spoiler2]

How do you feel about it, pals? I think I could try to get this finished this weekend, if this idea gains your approval.

By the way - let my praise Worsas, Spineinside and Berandas once again for creating this spectacular tileset, the most complete and original one TES modding have ever seen. I just love working with it. :ugeek:

Here's the current wip file, too. It would be fantastic if you found a time to give it a try. :) The cell name is "The Reach, Sunblaze mine"; I found it fitting, with this giant, sun-like lamp.

Cheers!
Attachments
mine.ESP
(51.46 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

Post by Lord Berandas »

Direnni Moria! (that was the first thing that came to my mind after seeing that deep shaft) :-)
I very much like the idea of dark creepy abandoned direnni mines, with both treasures and terrors hidden deep under the ground. Well done!

Also don't thank me for the tileset, I just did some clutter. :-)

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Now that's just awesome. Creative use of the tileset! Idea approved.
berry wrote:Some days ago I had tons of studying upon my head, so I obviously started fiddling with this idea in CS
Most of Markarth was built that way. :geek:
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Thanks for warm feedback, guys. :)

It took a little longer than I expected to get this all polished, but it's finished now.

If I may ask, how do you feel about this idea of joining this with two other nearby interiors?
Attachments
Sky_int_midkarth_direnni_01.esp
(73.35 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

If I may ask, how do you feel about this idea of joining this with two other nearby interiors?
Sure, why not?

Fürst Thal
PT Modder

Post by Fürst Thal »

Reviewing.

Fürst Thal
PT Modder

Post by Fürst Thal »

Clean: Yes.
Lightning: Good.
Northmarker: Set but incorrect.
Pathgrid: Added.

Floaters:

T_IngMine_Aquamarine_02: Floated a bit too hard.

Bleeders:

Flora_kelp_03: Bleeded into a rock.
Flora_kelp_02: Bleeded.
T_SkyRea_Furn_Ch1Gem: Bleeded. Decresed its size a bit to 0.9.

Others:

Removed T_Sky_Flora_Tremblwee01: No place for ya in this cave.
Added T_Sky_Cave_I_Beam1_02 to another beam to make it connect to the ceiling.
Moved up the hidden treasure a bit so that the planks don't bleed.
flora_bc_moss_08: Stuck out on top the object it was attached to.
Replaced the ores with silver ores.
Removed many ore veins because the mine is supposed to be depleted.
Attachments
Sky_MK_Direnni_Ruin_Mine_Reviewed.esp
(75.58 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

chef
P:C Head of Exteriors

Post by chef »

merged

Return to “Completed”