Post by Saint_Jiub »

WIP files for R-Zero:
Attachments
Critter Updates.7z
(2.39 MiB) Downloaded 284 times

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Great hustle. One thing I've noticed on the spriggan model is that the leaf alpha planes around the collar have some flickering and alpha fighting going on. Best way to prevent this is to set the NiAlphaProperty flags to 4845 in nifskope (they were currently on 237). Apparently, this is the best alpha flag setting for optimal blending. Don't ask me why though. I'll fix this in data, so don't worry about it.

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Oh good to know! Thanks for your help :)

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Hmm. I just had another look at the spriggan and I have to say that the model is very large and perhaps overly detailed - it is by far the biggest file in data, at the moment. We might have to reduce detail on the body mesh, or replace it with the vanilla version. Is this based on melchior's work?

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Yeah it's based on Melchior's - way back in the day she was based on the vanilla spriggan, but people were complaining about how low poly it was so I swapped it out. We can certainly switch back.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Update on the county flags - banners and flags for the baronies are still in the works. I played around a lot with motifs for Chorrol before deciding there wasn't anything I liked better than the original one - so I traced over it (no vanilla Oblivion assets used) and tweaked it just a tiny bit for my purposes and this is the result. Shield motif is a reference to the Escucheon of Chorrol in Oblivion. All textures are 256x512.

Re: Sigils for the baronies, I'm thinking a fortress for Artemon, a lion for Sutch, and a bear for Sarchal. Stay tuned.

EDIT: Actually, looking at them all together now, I'll still redraw the Chorrol sigil to tweak the art style a little. Consider this more of a... proof of concept then?

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Looking great. The iconography for the baronies sounds on point. I think Dethagrad might also count as a barony, perhaps with a sun as its symbol.

Looking at this lineup, I feel like the Anvil sigil feels a little out of place, actually. The current dynasty had nothing to do with the defeat of the sload, really, and it might look a little off to have this snarling face show up everywhere in what is supposed to be a rather pleasant town. Not sure if this can still be changed but maybe just the trident sans head would be better?

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Good call, you actually read my mind lol. I don't know that I want to do the trident just by itself, but I have a few ideas I'll play around with.

I'll add Dethagrad to the list, as well as Mhorlagrad actually, and then I'll whip up additional helmet variants for them in whatever color scheme I end up going with.

Bauglir
Forumite

Post by Bauglir »

Hi, terribly sorry if this is too far off-topic, but this was the only forum or site I could find you were active and I don't seem to have permission to send PM's.

I've been learning to make normal-maps for OpenMW and used your HiRez Imperial Forts set as it is my favorite fort retexture and it seemed relatively easy to make height maps of many of the pieces. The results are really coming out pretty good IMO!

For my personal use I'm pretty happy with what I have now, but I'd be interested in refining it further and possibly releasing it if I could have permission, giving credit obviously.

Edit: PM's enabled now

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Sure, go for it :)

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Colovian Barrow Armor Update:

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

WOW THIS IS BRILLIANT O_O

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Looks awesome. Do you need more mesh work done on this?

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

I can send you the cuirass if you wouldn't mind starting on it - it'll need to have the details pulled out of the mesh so that they look less painted on, and the arms, neck, and waist need to be closed off as always. This armor should look pretty primitive and bulky, it's a little too streamlined right now.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I won't be able to start on it directly, no. Send it through if you want to, otherwise maybe keep working on it if there are any details left to do.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Updated Sutch and Anvil flags. Still need to do the narrow banners in the same style.
Attachments
FlagUpdate.zip
(411.01 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

Return to “P:C Asset Development”