Haimtir: The Spell Unreached [Texafornian]

View and discuss completed claims
Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Haimtir: The Spell Unreached [Texafornian]

Post by Rakanishu »

A Reachman asks the player to allow him to use a deadly spell on them. The Reachman's spell is one that they've stored inside themselves as a last ditch nuclear option-type destruction spell. However, they've been storing it in themselves for years now, and if they don't release it soon it'll kill them. Them and the player meet in a secluded part of the wilderness to do said spell, the player can either let them cast it, then talk to the Reachman thus the Reachman rewarding them with some witchy trinket.

Alternatively, the player can take this as an opportunity to kill said Reachman for attempting to use the player as a guinea pig - likely killing the player in the process. Quest ends with either the Reachman giving the player the reward or the player killing them and taking the reward for themselves.

Please use prefix Sky_qRe_HA2_

mort
PT Modder

Post by mort »

claiming

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Given to Enclavekiller

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Revoking at EK's request.

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Claiming

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Ready for review. I changed the trinket reward to a unique spell.
Attachments
Sky_qRe_HA2.esp
(18.06 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Quick playtest, my thoughts. Played on vanilla (+MCP of course)

Suggestions:
- I didn't seem to get any hints as to where the quest giver was. I only found her out of luck, really (I haven't opened the file in the CS yet). My suggestion is to add a line of dialogue that points you to the Pachkan Hall within Haimtir. Either a latest rumor pointing the player to the quest itself, a line under the Haimtir topic giving directions to the hall, or both (honestly both would probably be better from a gameplay perspective but just one works too).

-You get a Journal update upon declining, but you can still accept the quest anyways. IMO it would feel a bit more natural to either remove the journal update upon declining or blocking the player from accepting the quest after getting that journal update.

-Bump her Speed up a bit more. She felt a little too slow. (Granted, that might've just been because my speed when doing the quest was at 300. So this suggestion might not be necessary).

Bugs:

-Upon surviving the spell, trying to speak to her afterwards caused her to aggro on me. So I was only able to finish the quest by killing her.

Overall thoughts:
Really like what you did with it. Particularly the additional dialogue options allowing the player to question the quest giver, it's not much and they ultimately don't provide any additional paths to the quest (afaik), but they're a nice touch of flavor that's much appreciated.

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Thanks for the review!

Changes:
- Added entries to Haimtir's "latest rumors" filtered for Reachmen and non-Reachmen
- Removed the journal update for declining to help Lathurna
- Lathurna's speed now increases upon agreeing to help her
- Added missing "Goodbye" lines that were breaking quest progression
Attachments
Sky_qRe_HA2_v2.esp
(21.08 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Merging into DS sectionfile.

NOT MERGED AS OF 6/16/20

Return to “Completed”