Skyrim_Data errors

Report any errors in the SHotN public files here
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Skyrim_Data errors

Post by roerich »

Thread for reporting and resolving data file errors.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

No point making a topic like this. This entire subforum should be filled with different topics for different errors.

Moving to archives.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

What? Making a new thread for every little error seems like cluttering the forum to me. We need a data error thread, an exterior file error thread and a dialogue and quests error thread. Maybe more. Moving back.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Roerich is correct. It's better to gather all the error reports in designated forums.

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

Keeping a topic which lists the known issues sure. But reporting of errors should be kept in other topics. And I don't mean a topic per issue. But If i am reporting a load of issues, they should be posed in a single topic and investigated, then put on one of these lists.

All the bug lists can be stickied in this forum, allowing them to be clearly separated from the rest.

If people are reporting all issues in a single topic, they will get lost in all the other posts and hard to maintain. No point having an entire subforum for a handful of cluttered topics.

Tes96
PT Modder

Post by Tes96 »

Flickering issue in the middle of the two long beams on Karthwasten interior #92. Hover over it and you'll see what I mean.

With Skyrim_Exterior.esp, I'm getting a crash-to-desktop when using OpenMW 0.35.0. It's fine for vanilla and MGE XE but not with OpenMW. Any ideas why?
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Leveled items

Sky_Random_Ingredient shouldn't have "ingred_resin" since it's made of Shalks. Well, an alchemist could probably procure it, but seeing it on a commonly used list I think it should go.
- Taniquetil

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Sky_Orc_Leather_ gauntlets - broken 1st person view

Sky_In_Nord_House_Wood_03_05 - player (1st level Nord, didn't try with other races) has to jump up the beams in the floor. Hoota (here seen beating my ass down) can run through them just fine though.

Bleeders outside Hoota's Cabin (-106, 8)

The Reach, Vorng Cavern - door maker needs to be moved forward, for now the player gets stuck

abot
Forumite

Post by abot »

Skyrim_Data.esm:
topic "Skyrim lore"
Ear Pincher is a common Nord slur for humans...
is filtered for "not local" instead of correct "local" Sky_Hold >= 1, so after visiting topic is visible in all Morrowind

abot
Forumite

Post by abot »

Skyrim Data.esm
topic
Skyrim lore
info id 1384658222842511355
Ear Pincher is a common Nord slur for...
should be filtered for local Sky_Hold >= 1
else it will be seen in all VVardenfell

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

In the newest data:
  1. texture's missing for the blades of ornate trowing axes
  2. Direnni sound activator is missing a mesh (should have an EditorMarker nif assigned)
  3. the fish containers play their animation idles. But they don't disappear anymore I think

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

The throwing axe refers to the new TR- texture paths which are in subfolders in the main texture folder, so they are compatible as soon as we merge the files. I could add that one texture in its subfolder for the time being or you install the newest TR-data as temporary fix. it depends a bit on how long it will take before we get the common data.

By the way, after a long time, I realise I have been a complete fool about the door activators for direnni ruins and now the Ayleid ones all the time. The complete door mechanism with custom animation and script works the same, when the object is an actual door, so I could have saved ourselves the complete fuss about the lockpads from the beginning. :/

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

worsas wrote: By the way, after a long time, I realise I have been a complete fool about the door activators for direnni ruins and now the Ayleid ones all the time. The complete door mechanism with custom animation and script works the same, when the object is an actual door, so I could have saved ourselves the complete fuss about the lockpads from the beginning. :/
Hey, that's great actually! It would save us from doing lots of additional work and even more data cluttering in the future. So the doors would only need one script then, operating by OnActivate and PlayGroup functions, supported by GetLocked and doonce, right?

Rather than discarding the locks altogether, how about saving them for some special locations, major treasuries and so on? They can be enchanted to be unbreakable, with a need of having the actual key to open them. The player might also be able to get through it on their own, but if their Enchant skill, rather than Security, is high enough. It might be scripted to summon daedras on the opening failure... there are quite many cool possibilities here :P I think that'd be quite Direnni-ish.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I think in general our levelled lists needs some revision. I will go into more detail on this when I've inspected them all more throughoutly, but here's what I've thought about:

- I don't think meat should be found in random crates and sacks. Let's leave these for vegetables, certain ingredients, eggs and bread. Ham could probably be fine as well.
- Some ingredients like minotaur horns, heartwood etc. needs to be rarer. Or we'll need some variants in ingredients lists (commoner, common alchemist, rich alchemist)
- Taniquetil

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

New Sky_NonEquippable script, used by a welkynd stone, apparently works for PC only (what shouldn't be a surprise really, given the command is named PCSkipEquip :P ):

I don't think there is a way to make this script work for npcs too? The workaround would be to be more careful with placing welkynds (in this screenshot for example, the hag had a leveled list containing a welkynd in her inventory), but a player would still be likely to run into this oddity for example if he sells a welkynd stone to an exterior merchant.

On the other hand, it does actually look kind of cool when it's used as an equipped light, so maybe it'd be better to reposition the mesh and let it work that way? At least for NPCs, that is.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

It might be a better idea to remove the nonequippable script and adjust position of the object instead so it can actually be used as lightsource. That will have the positive effect that the item will stack again in the inventory. But of course, you will have to adjust position of their instances in the gameworld.

That looks quite cool indeed.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

there's an error on the T_Rea_Set_X_House_04 mesh
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

The material of the quicksilver ore does not seem to have any lightnig.

Iskuss1418
PT Reviewer

Post by Iskuss1418 »

In Openmw, t_rga_hookah_02 appears white/texture-less.
Also t_nor_furnp_bed_01 has no collision in Openmw.
t_rga_hookahtongs_01 is textureless in Openmw.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

T_Sky_TerrRockRE_RockLrg_07
T_Sky_TerrRockRE_RockLrg_11
T_Sky_TerrRockRE_RockLrg_10
T_Sky_TerrRockRE_MtPeak_01

These rocks have texture issues. Mnt peak just looks super stretched on one side, which, with the little knowledge I have, I assume is a UV issue (all mnt peak meshes have that problem, not just the RE version).
The other rocks look very blurry. Even on 0.7 scale, the texture is much lower-res than most other rocks at 1.2 scale. I'd appreciate if someone with the proper knowledge could take a look at these at some point.

Return to “SHotN Playtesting & Error Reporting”