Itinerant Priests - Runs-Towards-Time's Quests [KnobelKnight]

Claimed work is Reviewed here before being marked as Complete
Taniquetil
Site Admin

Itinerant Priests - Runs-Towards-Time's Quests [KnobelKnight]

Post by Taniquetil »

See Itinerant Priests faction outline for information on the faction and characters.

Runs-Towards-Time’s Quests

Alms for the Hostel of Saint Rosunius
The Hostel of Saint Rosunius is a spot of light in a bleak part of Anvil. Poverty abounds in Little Arenthia, and despite the best efforts of its twin caretakers Domi and Lomi Avilius, the Hostel is running out of the funds it needs to function. Runs-Towards-Time asks the player to collect 350 gold from Canal District business owners who have an interest in seeing the Hostel continue to function. The player can collect much more, with good speechcraft, and either pocket it or hand over everything.

Bluepox
NPCs in the Shipworks are coming down with some kind of illness after bringing in the battered hull of TEM Brinerunner, which limped back into harbor recently after being attacked. The player is sent to investigate. Asking around will reveal that the Empire is keeping the attack a secret, but rumor has it that it was a Maormer scout vessel, which attacked with strange poisons that have afflicted the hull (and the shipyard workers). The player is asked to cure the workers at the Shipworks in whatever manner they choose.

Persarine Contract
There is an apothecary in Charach named Auderic Romaud who is known to stock a steadier supply of a Hammerfell plant called persarine than can be found in Anvil. Persarine is useful in restorative salves, and Runs asks the player to help arrange a contract with the apothecary for regular delivery via the ATC. Unfortunately, goblins from the Wave-Reaver tribe have stolen the apothecary’s store of persarine, so the player needs to go find them in a grotto and recover the stolen crates. (A pacifist could theoretically do this without killing any of the goblins, but they are hostile.)

Recruit Vurila
Runs-Towards-Time asks the player to persuade Vurila, a skilled healer at the Chapel of the Tranquil Sky, to rejoin the Itinerant Priests. Vurila had tired of life on the road, but Runs suspects that she’s grown equally bored of life as a dockyard priestess. Vurila doesn’t want to go back to wandering listlessly with old mumbling monks, though. She wants action! Vurila asks the player to accompany her into Kar Toronr Barrow out near the Kvatch border to recover an old runestone. The spiritual value of this seems suspect, but you can fight a minotaur barrowguard, so that’s fun! The runestone is unfortunately broken, but Vurila will agree to join the Priests again once she’s had her fill of this little adventure. The player will find a named non-unique enchanted Reman era gauntlet in there too as a reward. Upon completion of this quest, Vurila will take to the roads and be found in the Hal Sadek inn.
A far green country, under a swift sunrise
she/her

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

Opening
she/her

KnobelKnight
PT Modder

Post by KnobelKnight »

Requesting this.

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

Granted!
she/her

KnobelKnight
PT Modder

Post by KnobelKnight »

Quest 1 complete. Notes:
  • No reward besides faction rep. Couldn't think of anything and not sure if there should even be anything. Might change later.
  • I deliberately avoided mentioning Domius or Lomius explicitly so that if either dies it wouldn't affect the questline. Originally if one died you'd fail/not be able to take the quest, but to be consistent with later quests I just wrote them out. Alternatively, quest 1 could just be skipped if either is dead and Runs would assign you quest 2 from the start.
  • If you talk to everyone with 0 disposition, you get 375 gold total.
  • If you talk to everyone with 100 disposition, you get 700 gold total.
Attachments
ip_runs.ESP
(46.58 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

KnobelKnight
PT Modder

Post by KnobelKnight »

Updated to include the new Sea Elf misc, as discussed on discord, which will be required for one of Quest 2's endings. Also includes a couple changes to Quest 1, like replacing Caltierra Sivus' donation with one from Unsolyo (assuming you've completed the misc).
Attachments
ip_runs_v2.ESP
(67.03 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

KnobelKnight
PT Modder

Post by KnobelKnight »

Quest 2 complete.
Attachments
ip_runs_v3.ESP
(106.84 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

KnobelKnight
PT Modder

Post by KnobelKnight »

Quest 3 complete. Notes:

Quest was changed from arranging the contract to tracking down a single missing shipment per discord conversation.

The crates of persarine don't appear in the cave until Auderic tells you about them. The ingredient is pretty rare, so I wanted to avoid a situation where you looted the cave beforehand, used all the persarine in potions, and couldn't complete the quest.

If Auderic dies before the quest, it's skipped and you move from q2 to q4. If he dies during the quest, Runs gets mad and locks you out of q4.
Attachments
ip_runs_v4.ESP
(122.44 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

KnobelKnight
PT Modder

Post by KnobelKnight »

Quest 4 complete. All quests now good for review. Notes:

Runs-Through-Time mentions that persarine is used for restorative salves, but its only restoration effect is on personality. I don't really see why a bunch of desperate paupers would need this. Since it only has 3 effects currently, maybe a restore health effect could be added?

Quests 3 and 4 are skipped if PC murderhobos the main characters. However, at the end of the previous quest, Runs will say he has another task anyway. Fixing this would require a lot of bespoke dialogue for situations no reasonable player would find themselves in, so I'm leaving it.

I'm currently using "task" as the "ask for work" topic. I realize now this should be plural like all other factions, but since this is probably changing to another word anyway I'm leaving it.

Runs does a lot with alchemy, so I boosted his alchemy to the point where he offers it as a training skill. He had no other changes made to him, so this can be cleaned off him if necessary.
Attachments
ip_runs_v5.ESP
(158.56 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

Return to “Reviewing”