PC_i3-Sut27 Sutch, Chabo's Cliff Dwelling [DangerDog]

Claimed work is Reviewed here before being marked as Complete
Vern
PT Modder

PC_i3-Sut27 Sutch, Chabo's Cliff Dwelling [DangerDog]

Post by Vern »

Small house belonging to Chabo, a local dockworker.

Please use the T_Imp_SetGCPoor set and FurnP furniture.

The exterior file can be found in this thread. Always use the latest file.

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

Posting to push edited + opened claim to top of list.
A far green country, under a swift sunrise
she/her

DangerDog
PT Modder

Post by DangerDog »

Hey folks,

I think I'd like to take this one. Is there any extra info on who Chabo is, however?

For my schedule, the rest of the month is relatively calm (barring thanksgiving), but December may not be! So, I hope to have a quick turnaround. I can give updates every friday in the int channel.

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

granted - enjoy!

Chabo has no further info -- just a Redguard dockworker
A far green country, under a swift sunrise
she/her

DangerDog
PT Modder

Post by DangerDog »

Hey folks, got my draft for this guy in.

The place is relatively basic, with the place divided in half by the wooden beams. The purpose is to make the place look plain from the outside, but developed and lived in from the perspective of the bed and kitchen. (also keeps the chest with the gold out of sight!). Since I'm still quite new to int dev, I expect there to be a number of issues present, please let me know and I will fix them ASAP.

Our NPC, Mr. Chabo Grumbus is characterised as a former sailor and soldier, taking on less strenuous, yet still quite physical, work as he grows older. He struggles to make ends meet as decades of work have caught up to his knees. He hopes his savings will let him see a healer soon. He's calm, curious, and still has a zest for life. (He was also subject to a group playthrough of Sims Medieval as the lord of Grumbus)

Please let me know what you guys think of the int!

Link
PC_i3-Sut27.ESP
(10.5 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Moved to reviewing as per request.

christixn
-Banned-

Post by christixn »

Took a quick look at this interior while I was taking a break. Overall, it's a very good interior and fits the theme of the rest of the Sutch ints very well. Some general takeaways if you're looking for feedback (though I'm not a reviewer so take these with a grain of salt)

Compass is too rich for this interior, it's supposed to be a relatively poor dockworker. Also it fits the theme that he would sell his valuable possessions for gold to pay for his healing.

100 gold small chest is iffy but if it represents his life savings for thematic purposes it fits this interior, but for future Sutch interiors make sure to not utilize the same amount of gold. I'd suggest T_CyrImp_Furn_ChS1G050 regardless, but 100 gold also works.

T_Imp_Drum_01 should be replaced with T_Imp_Drum_03 or T_Imp_Drum_04 to blend in with the rest of the interior.

T_Com_LanternEmpty_01 should be replaced with T_Imp_Var_ColLantern02_off or any of it's numbered equivalents. It's under "Lights" though and not "Misc Item" which throws me off at times too, so don't worry.

Make sure to lava_blacksquare the pillars floating out into the void to make sure they don't appear in-game.

Replace T_Com_Bucket_02 with Misc_Com_Bucket_Metal or misc_com_bucket_01, it looks too rich for this interior.

Replace the silverware utensils with the poorer variants of misc_com_wood_knife and misc_com_wood_fork,

misc_com_plate_01 also looks too middle class/rich to be here, replace it with rga redware or metal, maybe even Colovian clay. But if you want to stress that this guy is barely scraping by to afford treatment, the poorest variants of kitchenware may be ideal.

Besides these relatively minor nitpicks, this interior is good, real fucking good. You're really making these Sutch interiors feel nice, so you're definitely on the right track. Keep it up man!
He/Him

Return to “Reviewing”