[PC_q2_BC04_Journal] A Woman Named Petri [Merged]

View and discuss completed claims
Violet
Lead Dev

[PC_q2_BC04_Journal] A Woman Named Petri [Merged]

Post by Violet »

PC_q2_BC04_Journal "A Woman Named Petri"

Larenis Maricius, a retired Legion officer, asks you to investigate his neighbor, Petri. She's been boasting about being a retired soldier, telling stories that Maricius is particularly suspicious of. He suggests you visit Fort Strand and speak to Sapilius Tarvetius there, as Petri claims to have been stationed there at one point. Maricius also suggests looking through Petri's house - but to not confront Petri herself. When speaking to Sapilius, he does remember someone similar to Petri's description, but doesn't recognize the name. He suggests asking Sorius Lavin if he knows anything - a retired officer currently living in the Canal West Tenaments in the slums of Anvil (PC_i2-Anv48). Sorius remembers there was a redguard woman named Rayina who was a soldier in his platoon who had abandoned her station. She left the Legion, or more accurately was kicked out, and then dropped off the map. If you searched her house, you will find a letter to Rayina back around that time, giving some additional context. You have two main options for completing the quest; Give this information to Larenis, in which he plans on exposing Petri as a liar and coward, or speak to Petri on the subject, in which she will admit it and ask that you keep her secret.

You will need to create the NPC Sorius Lavin and place him in interior "PC_i2-Anv48" (which will be renamed "Anvil, Canal West Tenaments" during NPCing) in Anvil. Use "PC_q2-Anv_Sorius" for Sorius Lavin's ID. You will also need to create the latest rumors line for Brina Cross. I also feel like it might be fun to add a rumor if Petri's secret is found out, but I'll leave that for the claimant to decide.

AcrylicFrog
PT Modder

Post by AcrylicFrog »

Claiming

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Granting

AcrylicFrog
PT Modder

Post by AcrylicFrog »

quick update, dirty, added journal entries, latest rumors lines, and the npc
Attachments
PC_q2_BC04_Journal.ESP
(5.84 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

AcrylicFrog
PT Modder

Post by AcrylicFrog »

update. quest is playable and is clean, although it has not been playtested thoroughly. I've yet to write the letter to Petri/Rayina, and the dialogue still needs some work
Attachments
PC_q2_BC04_Journal.esp
(12.54 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

AcrylicFrog
PT Modder

Post by AcrylicFrog »

Ready for review
Attachments
PC_q2_BC04_Journal.esp
(13.87 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

AcrylicFrog
PT Modder

Post by AcrylicFrog »

update
Attachments
PC_q2_BC04_Journal.esp
(14.36 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Denis418
Denis

Post by Denis418 »

Hello! Well done on this quest. It works fine and I liked the background that was added to Petri's Legion service conflict (about her mother). Here are some findings:

- The latest rumours tells you about the questgiver but doesn't tell you the name Petri even though the journal update has it (I think, but I may be wrong).
- A small typo in this dialogue.

Suggestions:
I didn't find the option to finish the quest in Petri's favour: when you confront her with the letter she offers you gold for your silence. And there are only two choices: to take the gold or tell her that you'll give her away. When I took the gold the quest didn't end (no journal update, I could be wrong though). So, I went to the quest giver and pressed 'Petri' topic, which made it so he took the letter off me and gave me the reward.

The suggestions are 1.) to add a third choice to Petri when you confront her, so you can tell her something like "don't worry, I'll keep your secret". I believe, some players would take sympathy for her. 2.)add two choices to the final dialogue with the questgiver, like: "I have found this letter" 1 "I have found that Petri isn't lying" 2

Thank you for your wast progress on Anvil quests!
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

Dev Shah
PT Modder

Post by Dev Shah »

Reviewed!

Changelog-
-Grammatical errors and typos fixed.
-Added a greeting to Larenis.
-Added AddTopic and ShowMap when required.
-Added a check for Petri dying.
-Added a way to vouch for Petri. (Thanks Denis for the idea! Didn't add an additional dialogue choice at the beginning, "I know who you are" is fine for those who want to be sympathetic too. I did fix the journal not updating though, and added a dialogue for vouching for her with the Larenis.)
-Edited dialogue in Sapillus tarvetus a bit to specify where he is.
-Fixed an issue where you can infinitely spam Petri's dialogue.
-Fixed weird interactions with the letter.
-Fixed some journal updates that used wrong(presumably older) numbers.
-Changed the dialogue and results a bit so the questgiver takes the letter as proof.
-Added some extra dialogue and choices for everything to work properly.
Attachments
PC_q2_BC04_Journal.esp
(21.69 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

Return to “Completed”