Southern GC Farms [c0dacan0n] (Showcase)

View and discuss completed claims
Violet
Lead Dev

Southern GC Farms [c0dacan0n] (Showcase)

Post by Violet »

This is a claim to create the NPCs of Valcha Farm (-119, -53), Miris Farm (-116, -56), Gweden Farm (-113, -56), and Gosha Inn (-110, -50), in the CS and write general dialogue for the settlement in the following topics:
"background"
"latest rumors"
"little advice"
"little secret"
"my trade"
"services"
"someone in particular"
"specific place"
"local area"*
"local economy"*
Greetings
*NOTE: "local area" and "local economy" seem particularly excessive for farm and fisherman houses outside of a settlement. I wouldn't use local economy here, nor would I use local area unless you specifically wanted to give the head of that farm a line about it. They are only on the above list for completeness's sake. As these settlements do not have a map marker, all dialogue in this claim will likely be unique. Having unique dialogue is a great thing, but don't overdo it. Be careful as to not give too much unique dialogue to any single individual. Usually just 2 or 3 lines per NPC (at most) is good for the vast majority of these types of npcs, unless there's something particularly unique about them to warrant them standing out more.

Gosha Inn is the exception to the above, as it does have a map marker, thus you can make more general dialogue for it.

Load the following files and save as a new esp:
-Latest Cyrodiil_Main
-Latest PC_Anvil
Do not rename the interior cells.

Other important notes:

-Valcha Farm grows spikerice and is extremely close to Anvil (and not far off from Fort Strand either) compared to the other farms, so any produce it makes is most likely going straight to Anvil without much delay. 2-3 NPCs.

-Miris is a farm on the gridmap (thus it's stated as one above), but it's actually a little fishing community. idk what to call it but don't call it a "farm" in the dialogue. Miris is made up of 2 shacks (Miris' shack and Clisius Hermontar's shack). 2-3 NPCs.

-Gweden Farm raises cattle, though you'll need to make the cattle yourself (the cows haven't been placed yet). Farmhouse has 2 beds so 2-3 NPCs.

-Gosha Inn is, as stated above, the only one of these that has a map marker, so feel free to give it more dialogue than the others. I'd also suggest adding a few latest rumors in which those stopping by the inn can give you the latest gossip this side of Rumare. Gosha Inn = Gottshaw Inn from Oblivion.
3-4 NPCs + Foroch (Bosmer, m, Publican. Oblivion character and owner of the inn).

c0dacan0n
PT Modder

Post by c0dacan0n »

claiming as a showcase

c0dacan0n
PT Modder

Post by c0dacan0n »

So, I THINK this is finished, but I don't have a metric, so I guess, submitting for review and the reviewer can tell me what all I botched.
Attachments
Clean pc_southerngcfarms.ESP
(12.71 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

c0dacan0n
PT Modder

Post by c0dacan0n »

Oh, and here's the document of dialogue:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SsY ... sp=sharing
A few things: P:C savant dialogue needs implementation, P:C default Background needs added, and little advice and little secret need filtering fixed

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Review round 1: CS-only review.

As said on discord, here are the issues found so far:

-It has Cyrodiil_Main.esm as a master.
-"BEGIN/END SOUTHERN GC" placeholders are redundant and should be deleted. Dialogue should be re-allocated to "BEGIN/END GOLD COAST" placeholders.
-The use of "drakes" in the "My husband and I are farmers. We work long days..." might need to be changed for racial reasons, but it's not that big of a deal imo. Up to you.
-File dirties the "END PC BACKGROUND" placeholder.

c0dacan0n
PT Modder

Post by c0dacan0n »

Fixed issues above
Attachments
(11.2 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Southern GC Farms review 2.

The following NPCs have the "Auto Calc" button clicked on. You'll need to get in the habit of unticking this box for all non-TR npcs, as with it ticked, npcs can potentially have Morrowind-specific spells (NOTE: You'll still need to manually delete Morrowind-specific spells from npcs that have them anyway, but if you manually delete, say, Sotha's Mirror with Auto Calc ticked on, then Sotha's Mirror will just be added back in on save. Ticking the square off prevents this).

-PC_i2-GC_Vereo
-PC_i2-Gos_Araget
-PC_i2-Gos_Korrian
-PC_i2-Gos_Parvo (has the "seryn's blessing" spell too, this will need deleted).
-PC_x2-GC_Clisius
-PC_x2-GC_Leotta
-PC_x2-GC_Malkav
-PC_x2-GC_Miris
-PC_x2-GC_Prentiv

Foroch's G7 Greeting:
Good day, I’m %name, %class of Gosha Inn. We rent beds, and I have a limited selection of goods for barter. I hear a lot from travellers on the Gold Road, so if you’d like, I can share a little advice or a little secret.
-Psuedo typo: "travellers" (I prefer the double L too, but MW mostly uses US spellings for things, so it should be "traveler")

-I feel like this greeting works best as a first encounter line. It's a good line, but Idk if it'd feel natural for him to say that everytime the player walks up to him. Your choice if you want it to be his standard line, but I would make this the PCControl = 0 line, and write a new line for returning players. Up to you.

Araget's G7 Greeting:
I’m %name, %class, and the elf behind the bar is my husband, Foroch. I’m well-travelled, and I can tell you anything you need to know about the local area.
-I feel like she should have a local area line. Something to do with the Gold Road, maybe living near the massive Ayleid complex, living on the Anvil-Kvatch border, being near the Strid River, and/or being able to see Anvil on a good day from there. Either a local area for her specifically, a local area for npcs in Gosha Inn in general, or both. The line is good, but atm it reads like it's leading the player to a critical piece of dialogue (for the character) that just isn't there rn.

Once these issues are fixed, I would say this file is good to go.

c0dacan0n
PT Modder

Post by c0dacan0n »

I've opted to keep the publican's singular greeting as that's standard in Vvardenfell, but I've went ahead and added some Local Area lore to the savant.
Attachments
(12.85 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

c0dacan0n
PT Modder

Post by c0dacan0n »

Woops, somehow I didn't see the first half of that review at all. I went ahead and de-auto-stat'd them all, but I didn't see Seryn's Blessing anywhere.
Attachments
(13.19 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

chef
P:C Head of Exteriors

Post by chef »

Violet on discord: "Done. Everything looks good. Miris and/or Clisius (I forget which, at least one of them) don't have shoes, but they live in the country so it's fine imo."

merged

Return to “Completed”