Rings N' Things

Model, texture and sound development of P:C
Zinitrad
PT Modder

Rings N' Things

Post by Zinitrad »

I've been teaching myself how to model .nifs through wings3d and blender. The main way that I've been practicing has been through making rings and amulets, ideally one a week. Rather than just let these assets sit on my computer, I'd like to offer them up to the project, to be used wherever for whatever, if they're wanted, for PT or TR. Main goal through this is a.) to get better at mesh and texture work and b.) to help prevent the basegame state of affairs where the same ring model is used for pretty much every ring artifact.

Ring of Sea and Sky

This is the first one I've completed. It's a weathered and seaworn ring made from bottle-blue glass (actual glass, not the mineral). On its sides are two faces, mouths agape. The ring itself is irrelevant- it was cheap jewelry, a lower class bauble. It's creator was a poor and frail enchanter who intended to produce a ring that would allow them to skim the bottom of the rumare and the niben with little effort and without needing to come up for air for pearls and treasures lost from the passing merchant vessels. The Water Breathing enchantment came easily enough- but where they struggled was the enchantment to allow them to glide through water without physical exertion. Eventually, they achieved it- only to realize on its first test when they began to float that their water-gliding enchantment was actually an unnecessarily convoluted approach to levitation. To this they declared: It's not a bug, its a feature. As a result, the Ring of Sea and Sky was made, and they fancifully proclaimed it to make the sky as the sea, and the sea as the sky.

Enchantment: On use, you get sixty seconds of water breathing and 15 point levitation, just slightly faster than the base levitation spell.

Included is an icon, an HD texture in 512x256, an SD texture in 128x64 (I took my cue from a lot of base game rings having two 64x64 textures), the model, an alternate model with bluer vertex shading that I would have used but I didn't like the way it made the weathering look, and the esp, with the icons, textures, and meshes (except for the two alternates, which are set up to be easily renamed if you want to swap in the different meshes and textures) all named by the PC/TR standards.
Attachments
Ring of Sea and Sky files.rar
(83.53 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

Zinitrad
PT Modder

Post by Zinitrad »

Alternatively this model could literally just be used as cheap common lower class jewelry, made from non precious/low preciousness materials other than iron or copper.

Return to “P:C Asset Development”