Markarth: A Widow in Debt [AcrylicFrog]

Post progress on your claimed work
Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Markarth: A Widow in Debt [AcrylicFrog]

Post by Rakanishu »

Locked for review

Miamian's description:
We get it from one of the traders who wants us to get back the money that one woman owes him. This woman is the blacksmith's sister who lives with him.
The quest can be solved in two ways:
short:
we go directly to a woman and say that she must give back the money, then she starts to cry and tell how poor she is and has no gold. We can either pay off the debt for her or tell, that she could sell some of her expensive dresses, then the woman will find the gold and give it to us.
long:
First, we talk with a blacksmith who complains that the sister has become indebted to all the merchants in the city and that he must pay all of them back. He tells us to go to his sister and talk to her. Then action continues as in the short version. If we got gold from a woman, we can tell the blacksmith about it, and he will get mad and say that it was his gold and his sister stole it from his chest. He will ask for return it because he has more urgent debts to pay. We can give it to them or not.
Possible journal framework
10. XXX, a merchant in Markarth Side, told me that YYY, the sister of the local blacksmith ZZZ, owes him gold. He asked me to get it back and, in return, he promised to give me a better prices on his goods.
20. I agreed to help XXX recover his gold from YYY.
30. ZZZ, a blacksmith in Markarth Side, told me that his sister YYY does not have even a single septim and talking to her would not do any good. He said that I could try anyway, though.
40. I talked to YYY who said that the goods she received from XXX were not consistent with what she ordered. Even if she could afford to pay for them, she refuses to do so.
50. I decided to repay YYY's debt to XXX. She told me to come back and visit her when I settled the matter.
60. I suggested that YYY sell some of her expensive clothing and belongings to pay off her debt to XXX. She took offense to my suggestion and gave me 100 gold, which she obviously had from the very beginning.
70. I scared YYY and she gave me 100 gold, which she obviously had from the very beginning.
80. ZZZ thanked me for promising to pay off his sister's debt to XXX.
90. ZZZ told me that the gold that his sister gave me belonged to him. He asked me to return it, but I refused.
100. ZZZ told me that the gold that his sister gave me belonged to him. He asked me to return it to him, and I agreed. He gave me a book about smithing as a reward.
110. XXX thanked me for recovering his gold and, as a reward, let me keep half of it. I will be able to buy his goods at a lower price.
120. XXX was surprised that I offered to pay YYY's debt from my own gold, but he accepted the payment. From now on I will be able to buy his goods at a lower price.
130. I killed YYY. XXX will never get his gold back from her.
Dialogue Suggestions:
Spoiler
What are you looking for in here? If you came here to beg, I must disappoint you. I'm just a poor widow. My name is YYY. Since the death of my husband, I lived with my brother, ZZZ, helping him run this place.

What are you looking for in here? If you came here to beg, I must disappoint you. I'm just a poor widow. My name is YYY. Since the death of my husband, I lived with my brother, ZZZ, helping him run this place... What? XXX send you to collect the gold for him?

What are you doing in here? What are you talking about? You are here because I promised to show you my gratitude? Bah... the only thing I can show you are my doors. You better use them, or I will call the guards.

He want to get the gold back? What for? The clothes provided by him were defective, made of poor quality materials and badly sewn. And these colors. Just look how it looks like. This is not what I ordered. He is trying to extort gold from me! If my husband was still alive, this bastard would never dare to do that. Oh, my poor husband...

He was such a good man. Handsome, hard-working, pleasant. We had everything -- money, happiness... sometimes we even received invitations to various balls organized by the nobility. Ah, if you saw all these beautiful dresses, these hairstyles. These exquisite dishes and cultural conversations. In the past everything was better. Nobody would dare humiliate the poor widow with such idiotic claims.

He was such a good man. Handsome, hard-working, pleasant. We had everything -- money, happiness... sometimes we even received invitations to various balls organized by the nobility. Ah, if you saw all these beautiful dresses, these hairstyles. These exquisite dishes and cultural conversations. In the past everything was better. Nobody would dare humiliate the poor widow with such idiotic claims.

What should I do now? My earnings cover only the most basic needs, and even that with barely. There is more and more poverty on the streets. People have to deny everything to themselves. My husband traveled with a caravan - or rather he was its owner. He always brought me some presents from far journeys -- beautiful fabrics from Cyrodiil, expensive spices from Hammerfell... Most people have not even heard of such things.

One day, however, I received a message that the caravan was attacked by these demonic Redguards. I cried and prayed that my husband would survive this attack, every day I was waiting outside the city gate and look for his return, or at least some information about him, but vainly... Let Shor have mercy on his soul. Rest in peace, my love. Ever since he died, my life is a constant problem, and now that soulless trader wants to take my last septim from me. Please, have mercy on a hapless woman. If my husband was alive, this bastard would never dare to do that. Oh, my poor husband...

choices "Continue" "I've got enough of this! Where is the gold?"

But... but I don't have any gold, I am just a poor widow!

choices "All right, I will pay for you." "So, it looks like you will have to sell some of your beautiful dresses..." "Give me the gold or you will get hurt."

Would you do it? Oh, I knew you are not such as greedy bastard as XXX! Come back to me when you solve this matter. I would like to show you my gratitude.

How dare you, you simpleton? Okay, take that gold and get out of my sight!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Ah, a customer. Please, come in, come in. take a look at my goods, I'm sure, you will find here something for you... What? These are too expensive for you? Hmm... we can make a deal. One woman in the town owe gold to me. Collect the gold from her and I will give you better prices, and maybe even a reward.

Welcome again. You want to buy something? Remember – If you collect the gold from XXX, I will give you better prices for my goods.

Hello friend. Please, take a look on my goods. You will get the best prices!

Here is the man who deprives me of clients. What do you want?

The woman is XXX, the sister of the local blacksmith YYY. After the death of her husband, she settled with her brother and from then on led him to the brink of bankruptcy. Her husband was rich, so she got used to living on a high level. Recently, she ordered a few expensive dresses from me, which she picked up, but forgot to pay. Go to her and collect my money.

Were you able to collect my money?

You did it? Thank you! Please, keep gold, I do not need it. I would lose a lot more if news spread through the city that people can "forget" about paying off debts to me with impunity. And now, maybe you can take a look at my goods? As promised, I will give you favorable prices.

What? Do you intend to pay her debts out of your own pocket? Strange, but well, it's your choice. For me, gold is gold. And now, maybe you can take a look at my goods? As promised, I will give you favorable prices.

She died?! How is it possible?! You were to collect her gold, not her life! Do you think people will come to the store whose clients are killed? Get out of my sight!

Hello, would you like to buy one of my products? Or maybe you want to repair your equipment?

Hello, would you like to buy one of my products? Or maybe you want to repair your equipment? What? Have you come here about my sister?! Another trader wants the money from her. I'll go bancrupt because of her. I can only tell you that she does not even have the single piece of gold, but if you want, you can talk to her.

No, don’t tell me she owes money to another trader. This woman finally gets me to the grave. I can assure you that she does not have even single gold coin, but if you want, you can ask her.

What? It's my gold! She had to get it out of my chest! The merchant XXX can wait, but the people from whom I borrowed gold to repay my sister's other debts are not patient. If I do not give them gold back in time, I will say goodbye tomy life. Please, you have to help me.

choices "Okay, here's your gold. I'll pay your sister's debts myself." "I promised I will get back his gold and I will keep my word."

Thank you, thank you very much. I would love to give you something in return, but as you can see, I do not have gold. I know! I will give you some of my knowledge about blacksmithing! Wait a moment... [make notes] Here you are, I hope that it will be useful to you. Thank you one more time.

I understand. I'm not happy about it, but I understand. Well, there is probably nothing more to add in this matter. And now I must ask you to leave, I have to get back to work.
Use prefix Sky_qRe_MK03_

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

Granting to AcrylicFrog per discord conversation
A far green country, under a swift sunrise
she/her

Return to “Claimed”