Visual design for Altmer clothes and armor

c0dacan0n
PT Modder

Visual design for Altmer clothes and armor

Post by c0dacan0n »

Primary inspirations are Turkish, Mongolian, Kazakh cultural clothes, the works of Jean Giraud, and Art Nouveau, with an emphasis on natural, repetitive, elaborate geometry like in Islamic and Hindu iconography.

Clothing:
Spoiler
Jewelry:
Spoiler
Last edited by c0dacan0n on Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psychotrip
Forumite

Post by psychotrip »

Just adding some more of the stuff we've discussed on the discord.

Like I said over there, we're not trying to rip any one of these styles or cultures so much as we're trying to take elements of them all to create something that feels new. Similar to what Bethesda did for the dunmer. We're trying to create an entirely new aesthetic, and I think we're really on the right track here.

Along with the inspirations above, I think we should incorporate China, Polynesia, southeast Asia, and artwork from Numenera (similar to Moebius). I imagine Altmer clothing to be intensely colorful, almost garish to imperial eyes. In the more arid climates I imagine the clothing is breathable but covers the entire body, similar to dunmeri clothes, while on the coasts they tend to show more skin and utilize more wispy, flowing garments. In the mountainous areas they tend to layer with thick garments and warm hats, ponchos etc. I also inserted some ideas for cloth designs and patterns.
Spoiler

Pickles

Post by Pickles »

A few more of c0da's armor and clothing artwork:

Glass Armor:

Mirror Armor:

Hats:

emma999
Pleb

Post by emma999 »

c0dacan0n wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:46 pm Primary inspirations are Turkish, Mongolian, Kazakh cultural clothes, the works of Jean Giraud, and Art Nouveau, with an emphasis on natural, repetitive, elaborate geometry like in Islamic and Hindu iconography.

First of all my favorite, poncho women are available here.

Clothing:
Spoiler
Jewelry:
Spoiler
Wow, your collection of clothing and jewelry inspirations is absolutely stunning! I can see the rich cultural influences in your choices, particularly the Turkish, Mongolian, and Kazakh elements. The intricate geometric patterns reminiscent of Islamic and Hindu iconography add a fascinating touch.

The clothing images you shared showcase a diverse range of styles, from traditional attire to more contemporary designs. I especially admire the intricate details and vibrant colors in each outfit. The combination of these influences creates a unique fusion that is visually captivating.

The jewelry pieces you've chosen are equally impressive. The Art Nouveau influence is evident in the graceful curves and organic motifs. I particularly love the delicate necklaces and the exquisite butterfly design. They truly embody the elegance and craftsmanship of the Art Nouveau era.

Overall, your collection reflects a wonderful blend of cultural heritage and artistic inspiration. It's evident that you have a keen eye for detail and a deep appreciation for the beauty of different traditions. Keep up the fantastic work, and I hope to see more of your creations in the future!

Return to “Summerset Discussion”