Altmeri Architecture

Pickles

Altmeri Architecture

Post by Pickles »

I compiled references with help from c0dacan0n and other PT members for the different styles and city architecture on the Summerset Isles, many were taken from Moebius or other such artists and vague "70's Sci-Fi".

Starting with the main cities in alphabetical order;

Alinor:

Cloudrest:

Dusk:

Firsthold/Aldmer:

Lillandril:

Shimmerene:

Skywatch:

Sunhold:

For the architecture not associated with a city, more of a regional architectural style for the discerning altmer .

Pattern Uplands:

Last edited by Pickles on Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

ImgaImga
Forumite

Post by ImgaImga »

Perfect concept art!

Could not agree more with the references to Moebius and the feeling of otherwordliness.

I think that one problem with the implementation of Altmeri architecture will be the fine balance between the organic and the inorganic both in shape, form and material. How will we distinguish the architecture from say Morrowind? How do we avoid making it to standard western rpg?

I really like this part from pocket guide to the empire part 1:

“Alinor
A forbidden city for nearly fifty years, Alinor is both capital of the Summerset Isles and the heart of the Aldmeri Dominion. Human traders were only allowed at its ports, and they described the city as "made from glass or insect wings." Less fantastic accounts come from the Imperial emissaries of the Reman Dynasty, which describe the city as straight and glimmering, "a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lies draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall."

Will we focus on the “glass and insect wings” part or the more “sober” description?

This part of pocket guide to the empire 3 might spark some inspiration:

“Cloudrest, atop Eton Nir, the highest mountain in Summerset, is a decidedly odd mixture of architectural styles, with buildings like strangler vines, built on top of other, older structures. The oldest of all the ruins there, and in a few isolated spots throughout the island, are made of coral, which must have been carried many, many miles away from the sea.”

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

Once again gonna just leave a discord link: https://discord.gg/6RcMEYuTqy

Cuz uh... yeah we know about the PGE's.

ImgaImga
Forumite

Post by ImgaImga »

Thank you Vern and I'm so sorry. Will refrain from posting without proper information in the future.

Return to “Summerset Discussion”