Children of Tamriel!

All TES III modding discussion
Uncle Eevee
Forumite

Children of Tamriel!

Post by Uncle Eevee »

Several years ago I started a project to add Children of Morrowind kids to Tamriel Rebuilt. The project died when the file was destroyed by the data restructure and I had some health issues at the time also. This month I have revived the project and have begun to add children to the cities, towns, and villages of Tamriel Rebuilt. Two major differences between my mod and the original CoM is that I do not consider the playgrounds lore-friendly so am just giving sandboxes to designate the kids play areas, and also teens are getting regular dialog instead of kid dialog to reflect that they are in training for their careers.

Progress on my project will be slow due to having only a very limited time available to work on it. There will be many months before I have a release version, though I will be posting seasonal work-in-progress updates at the Tamriel Rebuilt forum until I catch up with mainland release.

After I finish TR, would there be interest in if I continue the project and add children into the Project Tamriel lands? I believe with the limited number of settlements currently implemented it shouldn't be too much trouble, but I'm not doing them until I am caught up in TR since that is my favorite province mod. I love what I see so far here though!

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hello Uncle Eevee,

you are naturally free to create an extension of the children mod for PT-areas. I personally welcome mods by others that extend on our work.

Uncle Eevee
Forumite

Post by Uncle Eevee »

Here is a quick update: the Cyrodiil project only has one city so far, so doing a children patch will just be a single weekend afternoon for the current release version. Skyrim is more substantial, but after I counted NPCs in each settlement to figure out how many kids and teens to add, I found that about 80% of the mod will be kids for Dragonstar and Karthwasten with the other villages sharing the rest. I have decided to work on the Skyrim project simultaneously with the Morrowind project, that way I have a little variety and can spam-make Nords if I feel like I need a little break from spam-making Dunmer.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

sounds good.

Return to “General Discussion”