Tel Shadows Showcases

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
Tel Shadow
Forumite

Tel Shadows Showcases

Post by Tel Shadow »

-Exterior Showcase: Tel Felisa-

This mod was also apart of the morrowind modding madness, 95% of the work was done by me and all Interiors and Exteriors were done by me..

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mod ... 1%7C414119

-Thank you for taking a look-

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Welcome to the PT forum, Tel Shadow! Exterior showcases are always very interesting, I'm sure someone will have a look soon.

I deleted your other thread, where you stated you wanted to post both an interior and exterior showcase, in order to not clutter the forum. You can use this thread for both your interior and exterior showcase (I will rename the thread).
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Tel Shadow
Forumite

Post by Tel Shadow »

thank you, i just came on hoping they got approved so i can delete it, thank you for getting rid of it, Haha

we shall keep this thread exterior since i may have to make an Interior, the Exterior showcase has many Interiors, maybe this mod will get me on to Interiors as well as Exteriors.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hello 'Tel Shadow!

I'm not really someone who could do a proper review of your work, but I can say that your mod is looking really creative and interesting. I'd love to see PT exteriors from you in future!

Fürst Thal
PT Modder

Post by Fürst Thal »

Hello Tel Shadow and welcome to the forums.

I will take a look at your showcase during the next few days.

Tel Shadow
Forumite

Post by Tel Shadow »

thank you worsas hopefully if i pass this showcase ill get straight to it.., im happy you like it and found it interesting..
Last edited by Tel Shadow on Fri May 24, 2019 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tel Shadow
Forumite

Post by Tel Shadow »

Thank you Furst Thal

Excuses&Accusations
PT Modder

Post by Excuses&Accusations »

Tel Shadow wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:20 pm thank you, i just came on hoping they got approved so i can delete it, thank you for getting rid of it, Haha

we shall keep this thread exterior since i may have to make an Interior, the Exterior showcase has many Interiors, maybe this mod will get me on to Interiors as well as Exteriors.
So which interior would you like to have reviewed (because it is unfortunately unfeasible to review all of them)?

It should be a bigger one that can showcase rotation skills (so de_p furniture or lots of rotated objects) and grid snapping.

On the exterior side of things whilst Fürst Thal is probably going to provide an in depth review in a couple of days the first impression is a pretty large contrast (and dare I say qualitative difference) between the creatively built and well cluttered 'main areas' on the island and the almost empty surroundings (like say the sea floor or the hills immediately beyond habitation). There's certainly high quality work but it is a bit unevenly spread.

Tel Shadow
Forumite

Post by Tel Shadow »

it will be, the whole thing was built in a week..

i have plans to sort afew things out as well as adding things, but i think ill be sticking with exterior for now since im most known for it..

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Hi Tel Shadow,

welcome to Project Tamriel! I gave your mod a quick glance in the Construction Set. I wasn't very thorough, but I checked all the common things that are tricky to get right and some of the things I notice most often in reviews.

Naturally you don't have to fix these things in your mod, I'm just noting them down here so that you can watch out for these things in your claim showcase. For every major aspect I provide a few example screenshots (note however that these aren't the only occurrences in each case).

Rough Terrain

Ahh, my favourite. Somehow nobody quite gets this right - probably due to the limited capabilities of Morrowind's landscape editor - my terrain is never quite smooth. You have quite a few pointy spikes in your landscape, however.

Examples:

ImageImage

Texture seams

It seems to me like you have covered the most obvious ones, but there are still quite a few places on your island where three different textures meet and the spot isn't covered beneath rocks.
These aren't always easy to find, but just going through all texture regions with ctrl+shift and focusing only on the places where textures meet helps.

Examples:

ImageImage

Placement errors

Generally, I wouldn't take this too seriously; as in, not as seriously as in interiors. It's natural for elements to sink into the mud. Furthermore, players will simply not notice as many placement errors in exteriors as they will in interiors.
However! That's no convincing reason to skip all of them ;) I've marked a few that I saw at first glance.
Note: Sticking leaves into each other is often unavoidable and desirable, but the more problematic cases would be leave - trunk, leave - rock or leave - terrain or trunk - rock and such.

Examples:

ImageImageImage

Other stuff I noticed
  • Your seafloor needs some more love :( People actually like exploring a well-detailed seafloor, I've heard. At least that's what we like to believe, and consistency is key.
  • Some of the hills seemed a bit empty too, could perhaps do with some more statics. This however seems to fit the way exteriors are designed in vanilla, so it's not an issue here. In PT claims, it might be.
  • Style mixing: You used some Bitter Coast mushrooms near the Telvanni tower, and given this is supposed to belong in the Azura's Coast region, that's a long stretch.

That's enough criticism

Overall, this is in good shape. Vertex paint looks thorough and just in the right sweet spot between 'too much' and 'not enough'. The town and tower layouts were intriguing, well done. I also like how you combined the Daedric and Telvanni tilesets in a believable manner.

Usually we'd require you to fix these errors and re-submit the file, but it's much preferred that you work on an actual PT claim so that no work is ultimately lost. I see that's already happening, so just keep these points in mind when you're working on it :) good luck!

MinerMan60101
PT Modder

Post by MinerMan60101 »

For rough terrain, using a combination of smooth vertices and radius 1 moving does wonders. Radius 1 moves a single vertex at a time, press W to see how the vertices are.
And for texture seams, press Shift+C to hide statics and go to everywhere that three textures meet. Then, for each seam, turn Shift+C on and off to see if all of the seam is hidden
Interior and Exterior Developer | PT, TR
How games deal with alt-tabbing
OpenMW: That's cool i can wait for hours with literally zero problems.
Bethesda games: WF(BFHC@(HFB(8g6\ [CRASH]
MGE XE: Ha I guess you don't like distant land then [CRASH]

Return to “Modder Showcase”