Steppenwolf showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Steppenwolf showcase

Post by Steppenwolf »

Here is my asset showcase. It would be cool to see it near by Sutch from a smuggler or anywere else.
In the esp-file I added bow inside Seyda Neen lighthouse.
Attachments
pc_w_snakebow_01.rar
(785.35 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Workers of the world, unite!

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hello Steppenwolf,

the bow model and its textures are good. Bow works, textures have right compression etc. What's included here should actually suffice for moddership.

However, it would be good if you could get our folder- and id- conventions right before you are promoted, so it's clear where models and icons go and how to name your objects in the CS:

http://project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=1251
http://project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=583

Please read through these two threads and possibly look at Tamriel_Data.esm directly to see what ids look like.

Two minor notes at the end:
- Cast on Strike enchantments don't work on bows, afaik. They have to be put on arrows.
- You can use the dds- file format for the icon, if you use DXT3 or DXT5 as compression. You don't need mipmaps for an icon.
- Your included icon is not in the filepath that's referred to in the esp-file. But since you have to change the folder anyway it's not important right here. Just keep an eye an such oversights.

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

Fixed file paths and naming of the objects. Changed icon file format. I have changed enchantment (but I bad sort out with types of the enchantments - it may be wrong again). I think if you want to add this bow in the mod - change enchantment isn't big problem for you.
Attachments
pc_w_Com_UNI_snakebow.rar
(1 MiB) Downloaded 90 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

The icon and the nif-files are now in the correct folders.

Textures, however, are usually put into the main - textures folder, like you had it in your previous upload. We don't have a system for texture - subfolders yet and as long as that's the case, all textures just go into /textures.

The id of the object in the esp should be:
T_Rga_UNI_Snakebow (Rga = Redguard)

Com is for really culture-agnostic or generally western objects. Please open Tamriel_Data.esm once to see what object ids are like currently to get a better grasp of it.

Files should always start with pc_, if they are P:C - assets. So your current file names are correct, but you may want to remove the "com" - part from them.

The enchantment on the bow in the esp-file now seems to be gone completely, but it's not a big deal. There is no way to give a bow an enchantment that will effect the target hit by the arrow. So it's not really possible to turn this into a poisoning bow, as probably intended.

If you fix the id and the folder of the texture, you should be fine for promotion.

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

Thank you for answers. Fixed texture file path. Cnanged Com to Rga.
Attachments
pc_w_Rga_UNI_Snakebow.rar
(1 MiB) Downloaded 93 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Files are now in the desired shape, but still:
The id of the object in the esp should be:
T_Rga_UNI_Snakebow (Rga = Redguard)
Please open Tamriel_Data.esm once to see what object ids are like currently to get a better grasp of it.

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

Fixed esp-file name.
Attachments
(1 MiB) Downloaded 91 times

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

Changed id into the TES CS to T_Rga_UNI_Snakebow. I really sorry to bother you with my idiot mistake) I opened TD not in the TES CS, but in BSA Extractor :D
Attachments
(1 MiB) Downloaded 97 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Thankyou for all your patience. It looks good now.

You are herewith promoted.

Enjoy your new status as modder and welcome aboard!

Return to “Modder Showcase”