Sanguine's PT Quest Showcase.

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
Sanguine
Forumite

Sanguine's PT Quest Showcase.

Post by Sanguine »

My quest one that involves a hunter named Treras Fedos. He's an obnoxious man who makes himself to be really fancy and calls his house the greatest in Tamriel. Though in reality the only member is him due to the deaths of his parents. And he is bad at his hunting too. But this is just background lore. All he wants is a tomato, and he offers the Nerevarine some very valuable items for it. The tomato is located in the Stirk chapel. If this quest has issues then tell me and I'll correct them. I also used a script in it. Please give constructive criticism.

EDIT: I'm reworking the submission now after some criticism I got on discord.

Edit 2: Please check out clean Stirk Quest for my final submission.
Attachments
StirkQuest.ESP
The Dunmer is wandering outside Suran.
(14.58 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

Sanguine
Forumite

Post by Sanguine »

The quest involves a Dunmer named Treras Fedos who is found wandering around Stirk, he want's you to go inside an Ayleid ruin to find his friend for him.

EDIT: The Final Final submission is in the reply below this one.
Attachments
Clean StirkQuest.ESP
(25.44 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Last edited by Sanguine on Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanguine
Forumite

Post by Sanguine »

Final Final Update.
Removed the dependency on TR_Mainland
Attachments
StirkQuest.ESP
Final update, don't download the other ones.
(25.18 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Violet's playtest-ONLY review. I have not opened the file in the CS.

Stylistic/grammar edits:

Treras Fedos, topic "jhanar-do" - "Yes, i know it's strange, a dunmer and khajiit being really close friends." - i'd remove the "really" part as it seems a bit too modern. I'm also unsure about calling attention to the fact that they're dunmer and khajiit, as npcs rarely if ever do so in vanilla. Unless their races are part of the narrative then i'd suggest skipping this part and going straight to the "he's the only person..." part.

I would also change that next line from "But he's the only person to really understand me..."-> "He's the only one who understood/understands me..."

"I believe it was called Wormusoel and that was a week ago," this sentence is fairly clunky. I would either make telling you the name of the ruin a separate sentence later in this line of dialogue, or put it in the following line of dialogue behind the Continue.

Choice, "Sure, that's something I'm able to do no problem" - this is missing a period.

"My friend could be dying while you're out drinking wine." I like the line, but i feel like we could go with a bit stronger of a drink. (Someone get infra and ask him what would be an appropriate hard liquor for Stirk to use here, i'm not familiar enough with the booze options in pc.) I would suggest adding in a Moddisposition, (negative number, usually -5 or -10) in this and the other refusal option's resultbox. Surely Treras likes you less when u refuse to help.

"Good, now please hurry up, there's a chance that he's still alive" - missing a period.

"We met in the guild and we soon..." - this whole line is one sentence when it should be 2 or 3.

Bugs:

Upon bringing the note back to Treras, Treras gains no knew dialogue, thus there's nothing to update the journal and allow the quest to be completed. (NOTE: The dialogue shows up properly in some playtests, but didn't in mine. I'll check it out in more detail later)

Other issues/nitpicks:

Usually, when a quest requires the player to go to a dungeon, the questgiver tells them how to get there. Thus is best done under a separate topic where the player can ask about the dungeon mid-conversation, as in give treras a "Wormusoel" line that explains how to get there.

As I haven't opened it up in the CS, I don't know if this is the case or not, but it doesn't seem like there's a latest rumors line directing you to him, and if there is, it isn't firing. Usually, there should be a latest rumors line that's available to everyone in Stirk (except the questgiver, of course) that points you to the quest, and that can't be triggered once the quest is in progress/completed.

Return to “Modder Showcase”