Nikovar Interior Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
Nikovar
PT Modder

Nikovar Interior Showcase

Post by Nikovar »

Hello, I'm NIkovar. I've been following the project for a while now and thought I'd try applying.
Attachments
PC_Interior_Showcase_Nikovar.ESP
(9.09 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hi Nicovar!

Welcome to our forums.

If you want, you can drop by our discord channel while you are waiting for someone to review your showcase:
https://discord.gg/RZX5mYz

I hope someone will have time to look at your file soon. Stay tuned.

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

Took quick look, the layout is good but this needs at least twice as much cluttering as there is now.

Promising start though.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Welcome indeed.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Nikovar
PT Modder

Post by Nikovar »

Thank you all for the welcome! My apologies for the late reply, I am in the process of moving and things are a bit chaotic on my end at the moment.

@Vern I've updated the file with more clutter, and I'd be happy to add more if it is still insufficient.
Attachments
(15.08 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

Name: PC_Interior_Showcase_Nikovar
TD as master: No. Showcases (like all ints) require Tamriel_Data as master. (Also a good idea to add some clutter from TD as well, except for the fixed de_p furniture since that would defeat the exercise)
Clean: Yes
Lighting: No sign of greenlight which is always a good start, your base seetings are off though, "Sunlight" as a rule should be as dark as you can make it (around 10 on each setting, going all the way to causes issues though)
"ambient" should be adjusted to more a more brown-orange and also be pretty dark (with the hlaalu set this makes it feel warmer and also helps make the light sources pop a bit better). Also
Northmarker: Present, good
Fits exterior: Yes
Pathgrid: Good, however the node in the middle of the stairs should be moved to the bottom, you do not want NPC's stopping in the middle of stairways after all.
Illegal to Sleep Here: Yes, correct
Gridsnap: Good

Bleeders:
common_glove_left_01 into common_glove_right_01 I understand the intended effect, but having one glove resting on top of the other would be more "technically" correct.
common_shoes_04: bleeding into rug
misc_de_tankard_01: bleeding into cloth x2
misc_com_wood_spoon_01: bleeding into bowel
misc_com_bottle_02: bleeding slightly into shelf

Floaters:
light_de_candle_16_64: just slightly on one edge

Other:
tapestries have been placed wrong, will send image on discord showing proper placement
both of the in_hlaalu_door's should be replaced with in_hlaalu_loaddoor_01
misc_de_bowl_glass_yellow_01: scaled down too much, misc objects generally shouldn't be scaled since players can pick them up, drop them and realize something's remiss, this goes double since there is another misc_de_bowl_glass_yellow_01 in the int which wasnt scaled.
as noted with the data requirement, a couple of misc items from data would be nice for extra details (good to get comfortable navigating data early)
personal taste, i'd lose the furn_pottedplant's the proper planter + flowers set-ups look nicer so these are just sorta distracting

Nikovar
PT Modder

Post by Nikovar »

Hello again and my apologies for the lengthy delay, I got caught up with some real life stuff.

(15.07 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

* Tamriel_Data.esm is now a master
* Fixed bleeders and floaters (I think)
* Adjusted tapestry placement per the image in Discord
* Adjusted interior lighting to suggested parameters. Added a new light in the entry hallway as I felt it was a bit too dark
* Adjusted path grid on the stairs
* Replaced both instances of in_hlaalu_door with in_hlaalu_loaddoor_01
* Replaced instances of misc_com_wood_cup_01 and 02 with T_De_ClayCup01
* Replaced downscaled misc_de_bowl_glass_yellow_01 with T_De_StonewareBowl_02
* Replaced instances of furn_pottedplants with T_De_Urn_01
* Removed common_glove_left_01 and common_glove_right_01 and replaced with a single instance of T_De_ToyGuar_01

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

TD as master: Yes
Lighting: Good with the sunlight, ambient you've over-corrected to being too dark, which is on me for not explaining better. Goal is more to get the base light to a warm orange, which is what candles and fires use as their ingame colour and then adjust the intensity with the slider. You want the "unlit" parts darker than the "lit" ones, but still provide light the player can see through. Your current set has hard dark patches which isnt what you want.
Pathgrid: Double checked, the path between the upper door and bed actually would clip through the bed. You need to slightly downscale the bed (around 0.9-0.95) and then nudge the nodes. How high you've got the nodes is what hid that, nodes should be on the ground and paths running along it so that you can spot obstructions.

Bleeders:

Floaters:

Other:
Tapestries should just be at their regular scale now that their hanging from the proper height.

I will say, if this was a claim I'd want to see more clutter and more variety in that clutter, but for your showcase just need to fix the above three before promotion.

Nikovar
PT Modder

Post by Nikovar »

Thank you for all the feedback!

Lighting: Adjusted ambient lighting. I think I got it right this time

Pathgrid: Lowered pathgrid to be inline with the floor. Slightly scaled the bed to 0.95 and nudged over as suggested.

Tapestries: Scaled back to the proper size
I will say, if this was a claim I'd want to see more clutter and more variety in that clutter, but for your showcase just need to fix the above three before promotion.
I'll definitely keep this in mind going forward
Attachments
(15.01 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

reviewed

TD as master: Yes
Lighting: Good
Pathgrid: Good

Bleeders:

Floaters:

Other:

All issues fixed, reccomending for promotion. Also consider cross posting in https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/forums/ ... r-showcase for promotion at TR

Return to “Modder Showcase”