Gameplay Balance in the Reach

General project talk
Iskuss1418
PT Reviewer

Gameplay Balance in the Reach

Post by Iskuss1418 »

Observations regarding balance:

The second quest in the KW FG has the player track down two orcs armed with a BM crossbow and other high level gear. They are around level 15 themselves. Compare this to the second quest in the Balmora FG, where you fought two (level 5?) miners armed with picks. Also the other problem is if the player somehow defeats them (potions, scrolls, turning difficulty down), they now have an op crossbow that deals 25-25 damage and can two-shot Wormouths. I’d lower the orcs levels slightly (maybe down to level 10) and remove the crossbow and Orc bow (1-30 damage!) and replace with short bows (1-15).

Nordic Steel Armor could use a slight nerf. Right now no it’s cuirass has 25 AR and costs 600 gold, and is very common. In vanilla, Dwemer only had 20 AR and was rare and more expensive. I’d recommend nerfging it to 18-20 AR and lowering its price to between 250-350 gold to match.

The Wormouth involved in the first KW FG quest has over 200 health. I don’t think it was nerfed with the others since every other one has only 45 health. Since this is a bigger one than normal, maybe give it up to 60 health, but certainly not as high as it is currently. Also attack stats should match.

The three mercenaries in KW FG 3 are levels 19, 16, and 12. Way too strong for this early in the questline. The Telvanni spies in Balmoras third FG quest were levels 1, 3, and 5! If you still want to make them on the tougher side, then make them say levels 5, 7, and 8. Aim for a total of around level 20 in most early faction quests. I’m not even eligible for promotion to the second rank and they’re sending me after bandits that add up to level 47! The Telvanni spies only added up to level 9!

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

I've nerfed the first two quests a bit in the latest Sky_Main.

Return to “SHotN General Discussion”