Bailcnoss-Merduibh Questline [Tristior]

View and discuss completed claims
Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Bailcnoss-Merduibh Questline [Tristior]

Post by Rakanishu »

See posts in this thread for info: http://project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=1823

Remember that Reachmen typically don't use passive voice or contractions:
- "The witch tricked the barbarian" instead of "The barbarian was tricked by the witch"
- "Do not" instead of "don't"

Use prefix style Sky_qRe_BM01_...., Sky_qRe_BM02_..., etc.

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Granted to Tristior (if he wants it).

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Let's do this.

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Dramatis Personae
Vesmorah - Leader of the Merduibh Taliesinn and spiritual conduit for the Hagraven.
Aomala - Leader of the Bailcnoss Taliesinn and acolyte of the Boar Demon.
Druabith, the Sun Mother - Cruel guardian of Merduibh and rival of Malthorc.
Malthorc, the Boar Demon - Cruel guardian of Bailcnoss and rival of the Sun Mother.
Ghealach - A witch-warrior of the moon cult, now a wereboar, confined within Alrasaide.
Nulnea - Shaman of the Merduibh Taliesinn.
Delpha - Witness in the apprentice’s murder.
Fhegain - Holder of the Taliesinntara key.
Salgaic - Warrior with a clue to the murder.
Eoghran - Rogue without a clue to the murder.

Murder in Merduibh (Sky_qRe_BM01)
Journal Entries
10 I heard a rumor in Merduibh about an apprentice’s murder.
20 The Merduibh matriarch’s apprentice was found dead on the edge of settlement.
30 I spoke to Vesmorah, the Merduibh matriarch, who told me that she suspects a group of roving bandits killed the apprentice. She asked me to look around the village and speak to the villagers in order to figure out what happened.
40 I agreed to help solve the apprentice’s murder.
[BM_01a] 10 Nulnea, the Merduibh shaman, believes the apprentice was impaled by a sharp object.
[BM_01b] 10 I found a boar’s tusk near the site of the murder.
[BM_01c] 10 Delpha, a villager in Merduibh, hear a scream and snorting on the night of the murder.
50 I have enough information to return to Vesmorah.
60 I brought the information about the apprentice’s murder to Vesmorah. She thanked me, and asked me to return in two days.
100 Vesmorah, the Merduibh matriarch, has been killed.
110 Nulnea, the Merduibh shaman, has been killed.
120 Delpha, witness to the murder, has been killed.

Just Asking Questions (Sky_qRe_BM02)
Journal Entries
10 Vesmorah wishes me to travel to Bailcnoss, a rival village of Taliesinn, and question the villagers there about her apprentice’s murder.
20 I have agreed to travel to Bailcnoss and ask about the apprentice’s murder.
30 Eoghran and Salgaic, warriors of the Bailcnoss moon cult, might know more about the murder.
40 I have learned that a Bailcnoss villager went missing on the night of the murder.
50 I brought what I learned in Bailcnoss back to Vesmorah. She has asked me to return in a day.
60 Vesmorah, the Merduibh matriarch, has been killed.
70 Salgaic, a warrior of the Taliesinn moon cult, has been killed.

A Promise Kept (Sky_qRe_BM03)
Journal Entries
10 Vesmorah has asked me to retrieve three ingredients for an important ritual: vicar herb, gravedust, and an emerald.
20 I have agreed to bring the ritual ingredients to Vesmorah.
30 I have brought the ritual ingredients to Vesmorah. She revealed that the ritual is a “faol abrann” -- a magically-binding oath -- and that I am the intended subject. I must swear never to reveal the secrets of the Taliesinn, on pain of death, before she will proceed with the investigation.
40 I have sworn the faol abrann and am magically bound never to reveal the secrets of the Taliesinn. In turn, Vesmorah has told me the histories of Merduibh and Bailcnoss -- how the sun cult of Merduibh are under the protection of the tribe’s hagraven, and how a fearsome Boar Demon lured the Bailcnoss Taliesinn into the rival moon cult. She has also named me a rondach -- blood-kin -- of the Taliesinn tribe.
50 Vesmorah, the Merduibh matriarch, has been killed.

Chthonic Secrets (Sky_qRe_BM04)
Journal Entries
10 Vesmorah now believes that the Bailcnoss moon cult were behind her apprentice's murder. She wants me to investigate the cult's rituals, and directed me to Alrasaide cavern, north of Bailcnoss. She has also offered to seek the Sun Mother’s counsel if I bring her the components for the communion ritual: widow kiss powder and persarine blossom.
20 I spoke to some warriors in Alrasaide. They called themselves the wardens of "the Chosen" and warned me not to intrude further into the cave.
30 Deep in Alrasaide I met a caged wereboar named Ghealach. He told me that the moon cult's time was at hand, and that I had been summoned to Malthorc's presence within Taliesinntara.
35 With the wereboar Ghealach's death, a voice suddenly spoke within my head. It summoned me to Taliesinntara.
40 I met Malthorc, the Boar Demon within Taliesinntara, who told me his history and his plans for Bailcnoss and Merduibh. He wishes for me to speak to Vesmorah and impart his ultimatum for the Merduibh Taliesinn: forsake the Sun Mother and accept the moon cult, or be destroyed.
50 Aomala, the Bailcnoss matriarch, said that Malthorc wished her to reveal the truth of the apprentice's murder. The killer was the latest initiate of the Chosen, who in the throes of transformation threw off his guards and rampaged across the mesa until the wardens killed him. She claims the killing was an honest accident and that the moon cult would never spill their cousins' blood unduly.
60 I gave Vesmorah the ultimatum from Malthorc. She immediately dismissed it and reaffirmed her support for the Sun Mother.
70 I told Vesmorah the circumstances of her apprentice's death. She rewarded me and thanked me for my help.
100 Vesmorah, the Merduibh matriarch, has been killed.
110 Aomala, the Bailcnoss matriarch, has been killed.

[BM04a] 10 If I wish Vesmorah to channel the Sun Mother and seek her advice, she has asked me to bring her widow kiss powder and persarine blossom.
[BM04a] 20 I brought Vesmorah the components for the communion ritual. She spoke to the Sun Mother and received three words in return: "Demon", "key", and "Fhegain".

[BM04b] 10 Ghealach confessed to the apprentice's murder.
[BM04b] 20 Aomala, the Bailcnoss matriarch, explained that Ghealach broke free on the night of his first transformation and rampaged across the mesa. Saorai was an unfortunate casualty before the other Chosen were able to subdue and return him to Alrasaide.

Of Hags and Boars (Sky_qRe_BM05)
Journal Entries
10 Vesmorah has received a vision. Druabith, the Sun Mother, has summoned me to her sanctum within Vars Tharnil.
20 I spoke with Druabith, the Sun Mother of the Merduibh Taliesinn. She wishes me to slay Malthorc, the Boar Demon, and reunite the Taliesinn under the blood rituals of the sun cult. She has promised me great rewards if I do so.
30 I agreed to slay Malthorc. Druabith gave me a small charm that will free Malthorc from his imprisonment and make him vulnerable once more.
40 Malthorc knew why I had returned to Taliesinn. However, he in turn promised great rewards if I would slay Druabith instead and reunite the Taliesinn under the unearthly rituals of the moon cult.
50 Druabith rewarded me for slaying Malthorc.
60 Malthorc rewarded me for killing Druabith.

Sky_qRe_BM06
Dummy questline for external eventualities.

Journal Entries
10 Druabith, the Sun Mother, has been killed.
20 Malthorc, the Boar Demon, has been killed.
30 Both Druabith and Malthorc have been killed.

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

It is done. Ready for review.
Attachments
Meshes.rar
(84.06 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Sky_qRe_BM1-5.ESP
(93.47 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Reviewing

MinerMan60101
PT Modder

Post by MinerMan60101 »

The meshes need to be reviewed and merged into the data addon. I guess someone should make an asset claim for them?
Interior and Exterior Developer | PT, TR
How games deal with alt-tabbing
OpenMW: That's cool i can wait for hours with literally zero problems.
Bethesda games: WF(BFHC@(HFB(8g6\ [CRASH]
MGE XE: Ha I guess you don't like distant land then [CRASH]

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

The mesh was merged into the data addon an hour ago

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Great quest chain. My full review is below with my updated esp attached (requires latest TD_Addon from Github, Sky_Main, Sky_DS). I'd like to see the following things added before this is merged:
- New dialogue for the matriarchs when one or both of Druabith and Malthorc are dead
- Maybe some unique greetings for the three wardens? Doesn't have to be extensive

Note to Merger (after changes made):
- Delete the extra door under Sky_qRe_BM04_Door

General:
- Cleaned dirty cell: Dragonstar East (-113, 12)
- Malthorc's reward didn't do anything so I added the necessary blocks to his local script
- Added additional dialogue in the event that the player is already a werewolf/wereboar at the time that Malthorc rewards the player
- Added additional dialogue in the event that the player is infected by vampirism/lycanthropy diseases or is a vampire/a cured vampire/werewolf

Journal:
- Added some additional states for each of the quests to allow the player to decide whether or not to proceed

NPCs/Creatures:
- Glad to see that each of the wereboar creatures had the blood disease spell

Scripting/Dialogue Results:
- Created new script Sky_qRe_BM04_Chosen_sc which 1) pacifies each Chosen if the player helps Malthorc and 2) adds wereboar disease check in the event the player kills one
- Created new script Sky_qRe_BM04_Door_sc which sets new global to 1 if player is detected proceeding further into Alrasaide
- Created new script Sky_qRe_BM04_Warden_sc which aggroes each warden if new global == 1
- Added wereboar disease check to Sky_qRe_BM04_Ghealach_sc and Sky_qRe_BM_Malthorc_sc
- Moved OnDeath check to the top of various scripts since it only fires for one frame
- Added additional checks to various scripts' journal checks so that they only fire if the player has started the associated quest
- Changed the order of journal checks in Sky_iRe_MER_Vesmorah_sc so that the last quests' journals are checked first

Dialogue:
- Fixed Druabith's and Malthorc's final dialogue being repeatable
- Cleaned dirty entry: 2659191931799314710 (Greeting 5)
Attachments
Sky_qRe_BM 200802.esp
(105.56 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Doneski.

- Gave each of the Wardens their own flavour greeting.
- Gave each Matriarch unique greetings depending on which monster has been killed.
Attachments
Sky_qRe_BM 200804.esp
(107.37 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Excellent, I cleaned two dirty entries. Marking this completed and merging into the DS sectionfile.

Return to “Completed”