[PC_q2_Tvy03_Journal] Peacekeeping for Lady Sigorn[Dev Shah]

View and discuss completed claims
Violet
Lead Dev

[PC_q2_Tvy03_Journal] Peacekeeping for Lady Sigorn[Dev Shah]

Post by Violet »

PC_q2_Tvy03_Journal - Peacekeeping for Lady Sigorn

Quest description:
A friend of Lady Sigorn's from Gilane is coming down to visit her in her estate. As you - a wandering adventurer - are currently passing through her village of Thresvy, she offers you some gold to help make her noble friend's passage a bit safer. There's a cave nearby (Pale Bay Cave) that's home to some brigands that have been known to commit the act of piracy - something the Gold Coast has to deal with a lot recently. Asking around town eventually leads you to venturing along the coast north 2 cells from Thresvy. The 2 shacks north of Thresvy along the coast (north of Pale Bay Cave) can also lead you to the cave IF NORTHERN GC FARMS IS MERGED. The claimant for this claim may want to coordinate with the Northern GC Farms claimant for this if at all possible.

Most of the bandits are hostile, you should also add an option to convince some or all of them to clear out if you wish for pacifist playthroughs, because options (even during extermination quests like these) are nice. The quest paths should be as followed (feel free to add onto this if you feel like it and have ideas)

1. Get the quest, kill the bandits, get your gold and a nice pat on the back.
2. Get the quest, spare the bandits, lie about sparing them and get less gold.
3. Get the quest, spare the bandits, tell the truth about them, get either no reward or a very small reward from Sigorn. (But everything in the dungeon is still lootable, and maybe one of the bandits gives you a key to a chest hidden somewhere on the coast or something, idk.)

Additional notes:
This claim also requires the claimant to NPC Pale Bay Cave as well. They should be around the level 5-10 range. They should be strong enough to be quite the challenge for low level characters, but a relatively survivable fight for early-mid level characters. Mid-high level characters should have no issue killing them all.

(There are no "latest rumors" about this quest. You'll need to write your own.)

Dev Shah
PT Modder

Post by Dev Shah »

Claiming!

Dev Shah
PT Modder

Post by Dev Shah »

A wip backup. It's feature complete, but I have never playtested this in-game, so probably not finishable.
Attachments
PC_q2_Tvy03.ESP
Not clean, wip
(31.95 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Dev Shah
PT Modder

Post by Dev Shah »

Notes-
-The bandits are in Stonehead Cave, not in Pale Bay cave.
-There are 9 bandits in total.
-I repurposed one of the current latest rumor. That one will still fire if the conditions of this one are not met.

For merging -
-This should merge with BC01 (viewtopic.php?f=121&t=1955) in mind, it also adds a script to lady sigorn. If the version of the script I had is still accurate, I attached the merged script below.
-Greeting 1 of Lady Sigorn in BC01 should take priority over mine, because mine isn't attached through forcegreeting (it's in greeting 1 because the matter should be more of a priority than diseases.)

Code: Select all

Begin PC_q2_BC1Tvy3_SigornSc

short PC_County
short PC_NoLore
short PC_Control
short PC_ControlQ
short NoLore
short DoOnce
short DayTarget
float timer

if ( MenuMode )
	Return
endif

if ( DayTarget == 0 )					;Tvy03 part
	set DayTarget to ( DaysPassed + 7 )
elseif ( DayTarget == DaysPassed )
	if ( PC_Control == 0  )
		set PC_Control to 1
	endif
endif

if ( OnDeath )					;Both OnDeath updates
	if ( GetJournalIndex PC_q2_Tvy03_Journal > 10 )              
		Journal PC_q2_Tvy03_Journal 300
	endif
	if ( GetJournalIndex PC_q2_BC01_Journal != 0 )
		journal PC_q2_BC01_Journal 220
	endif
endif

if ( GetJournalIndex "PC_q2_BC01_Journal" < 10 ) ; do not run unless quest has started/ BC01 part
	Return
elseif ( GetJournalIndex "PC_q2_BC01_Journal" >= 100 ) ;stop running on quest end
	Return
else
	Set timer to ( timer + GetSecondsPassed )	
endif

if ( timer <= 1 )
	Return
elseif ( timer > 1 )
	if ( DoOnce == 0 )
		if ( GetDistance Player <= 2048 )
			if ( GetDetected Player == 1 )
				ForceGreeting
			endif
		endif
		Set timer to 0
		Set DoOnce to 1