Meatballs interior showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
Meatballs
PT Modder

Meatballs interior showcase

Post by Meatballs »

Hi everyone, I've been following the project for a while, and I like the quality these mods offer, So I thought why not try applying.
Attachments
PC_Interior_Showcase_Meatballs.ESP
(9.43 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hello Meatballs. Welcome to our forums!

Have you been to our discord server yet? You can get more immediate feedback to your concerns over there.
https://discord.gg/k6MuxySYt2

I hope one of the interior devs will have time to look at your showcase soon.

Tombomb47
PT Modder

Post by Tombomb47 »

I am not a reviewer but I checked it out and there are quite a few bleeders and floaters. Other then that some of the items on the furniture aren't rotated right. Please check this PDF it has a lot of useful information about item placement.https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content ... t-tutorial
Although you did a pretty good job! Don't worry, once you become a Modder you will be using furniture that has flat surfaces. Good luck!

Meatballs
PT Modder

Post by Meatballs »

Attempted to fix floaters and bleeders and tried to correct rotation on objects.
Attachments
PC_Interior_Showcase_Meatballs_V2.ESP
(9.23 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

Reviewed

Name:PC_Interior_Showcase_Meatballs
Clean: yes
Lighting: Ambient lacks colour, you should aim for a dull orange (matches candles and other light sources better), sunlight should be down at 10 for all three values (sunlight is actually meant for exteriors and is directional, so can look weird in ints that are otherwise properly lit)
Most of your light sources have " greenlight" thats where a light thats too bright is used too close to other objects and causes a distinct green effect, when you adjust the ambient and sunlight down to where they need to be this will be more apparent, for candles and such on tables go for sources with a radius of 64 to be on the safe side. 128 is a good radius for free standing lamps and lanterns.
Northmarker: present, good
Fits exterior: Doesnt seem to be based on a shell.
Pathgrid: good
Illegal to Sleep Here: yes, correct
Gridsnap: Good
Tileset: Okay, early pitfall with the hlaalu set but with the in_hlaalu_room_post, a lot of those can be replaced by using in_hlaalu_hall pieces, two examples being in_hlaalu_hall_corner_01 for corners and In_Hlaalu_Room_Door3 for the entrances. Play around and you shuld find all of those pieces. This is something you want to get a hang of early since when you go on to making larger claims you dont want redundant pieces bloating your ref count, this applies to all sets to some degree.

Bleeders:
de_p_chest_02_hpotions: bleeding into wall
light_com_candle_05: bleeding slightly into drawers
misc_com_silverware_knife: bleeding into table

Floaters:
misc_uni_pillow_01: you want to bleed this into the bed a little so it looks like how a pillow naturally sinks.
bk_ABCs: floating over shelf
bk_AntecedantsDwemerLaw: floating over shelf
misc_de_bowl_01: floating over shelf
misc_de_drum_01: floating over shelf
misc_com_redware_vase: floating over shelf

Other:
Tapestries should be placed in the stuco, not the wood. (Screenshot example sent on discord)
Needs more tapestries around the walls, not on every wall just enough so their visble around.
This could use a little more clutter, given its loaded try to use a few from objects from TD just to get comfortable with using them.

A solid effort, fix these and will recommend for promotion.
Pinged what I assume was your account on discord for the notification/image post. In the event that isnt you: https://discord.gg/Z8VTBeUaeg < link to the discord.

Meatballs
PT Modder

Post by Meatballs »

I forgot to mention that i've based the interior off of ex_hlaalu_b_20.

Tried to fix the greenlight, ambient lighting, floaters and bleeders, tried to correct tileset and added more tapestries properly this time.

I tried to add objects from TD but for some reason it wasn't letting me place them?
Attachments
PC_Interior_Showcase_Meatballs_V3.ESP
(9.66 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

Okay pausing the review, cuz if TD dont work for you there would be no point doing it anyway: have you properly registered your .bsas?

https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/about/f ... stions/bsa

If the issue persists please comment in the discord so we can try getting this working.

Meatballs
PT Modder

Post by Meatballs »

I fixed the issue of not being able to place objects from TR and I have added a couple of them around. For some reason TR_Data was not reigstered properly.
Attachments
PC_Interior_Showcase_Meatballs_V3.ESP
Now has TR objects.
(10.82 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

Reviewed
Lighting: Good
Fits exterior: "yes" vanilla hla 20
Tileset: Still got the redundant pillars, there is a combination of stair and room entrances that will make it you can remove those, look around the hlaalu set you'll find the,

Bleeders:
misc_com_silverware_knife: bleeding into table

Floaters:

Other:

Deal with that tileset issue and I will reccomend for promotion.

Meatballs
PT Modder

Post by Meatballs »

Thank you for the advice! I have removed all the uneeded pillars and I think I fixed the knife placement.
Attachments
PC_Interior_Showcase_Meatballs_V4.ESP
Removed undeeded pillars, fixed knife placement.
(10.68 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

Reviewed
Lighting: Good
Fits exterior: "yes" vanilla hla 20
Tileset: Fixed

Bleeders:

Floaters:

Other:

All issues fixed, reccomending for promotion.

Please comment on discord, 99% of discussions happen there and when feedback is given on a claim thats where we will want to direct it.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Promoted. Welcome to the team!

Return to “Modder Showcase”