hammered on sujammer's overly-contextualized quest showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
hammered on sujammer
PT Modder

hammered on sujammer's overly-contextualized quest showcase

Post by hammered on sujammer »

I got a little carried away with creating the setting for this one. You'll want to talk to the Nord in the Northern orc camp to get things started. My Wrothgarian mountains are just north of Dagon Fel. Here's a quick walkthrough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMuMVUz ... =Dremr1878
Attachments
Clean_Orcies2.esp
(925.52 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hello and welcome to our forums!

I notified the other members about this showcase. Hopefully one of the quest makers will have time to look at your showcase soon.

Feel free to join our discord channel in the meantime. It's always good to have direct contact with project members if you want to join.

hammered on sujammer
PT Modder

Thanks worsas. I've been in the discord for a month or so now and I'm amazed at the level of creativity and dedication I've seen from the members of this community.

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Did a semi-quick playtest of your showcase. I overall enjoyed it. It's clear through the questing that you really enjoyed giving Lusty a detailed backstory and such, and while for a PT/TR claim I would say to try to match Morrowind's style of dialogue, I love the passion and a passionate claimant can make all the difference in the quality of the claim. There are some issues that need to be addressed, both what I've found and what Ja'Khim the Wacker on discord found. Here's the things that I found, separated into bugs and typos:

Typos
Spoiler
Topic: "stranger from here"
"With no other chocie I tried to find work in the city, but none would have me." - Should be choice.

"Have you ben to Wayrest %pcclass?" - Should have a comma between Wayrest and %pcclass.

"You cant drop a teacup there without [...]" - Should be "can't"

Topic: "help the clan through you"

"Whatever this new food source might be , we should secure it for the clan." - There's an extra space here.

Topic: "tell you my story"

"I was born into the service of House Dres in southern Morrowind. My parents were slaves. I have been a slave all my life." - This sections reads very stiff to me, especially when compared to the rest of Lusty's dialogue. Since it's not incorrect and the showcase isn't meant to be a claim (or proposal quest to be put into the projects) or anything, it's up to you if you want to rework it imo. But I would personally.

" I wrote to her of my dreams of seeing Black Marsh, [...]" - This paragraph has an unnecessary space at the start of it which should be deleted.
Bugs
Spoiler
The Journal Entry that begins with "I spoke with the chief. He elaborated [...]" mentions the chief telling you he wants Silver-Back to stay away from the front lines yet he said no such thing (in fact he didn't even mention the guy). My guess is either something that was supposed to be used wasn't or this was written earlier on and you forgot to update it (happens to me all the time). In any case, this needs to be fixed by having the dialogue that updates it include him telling you that.

Orgron gro-Magren forcegreets the player whenever they speak to Silver-Back about the "source of the food" topic after speaking to Lusty. This can cause you to either pay off or make an enemy out of Orgron right in the middle of he Silver-Back conversation which lead to all sorts of wacky shenanigans if you pay him off, such as Orgron attacking one of his guards after speaking to him again and the Dres lady never telling you the info she's supposed to.

You can accept Orgron's proposition to kill Silver-Back after speaking to the Dres lady and Silver-Back telling you that he'll relay the info to his fellow vigilants of stendarr (thus continuing the quest for one side of the quest after already completing it for the other guy). This might be a bug or it might be intentional (I personally like being able to do things like this, but it can lead to some additional bugs like the following one).

If you do kill Silver-Back after completing his path of the quest, his OnDeath journal update never fires, causing Orgron's path of the quest to not be completable.

You can continuously pay Orgron 1000 drakes until you say no and kill him. That money also doesn't get added to his inventory so you can't take it back off of his corpse (a simple addition of "NPC ID"->Additem "Gold_001" 1000 added to the Resultbox will fix this).

hammered on sujammer
PT Modder

Hey thanks for checking my showcase out and for providing such valuable feedback. I've addressed all the concerns listed in the posts both here and on discord and have an updated esp here. Thanks again!
Attachments
Clean_Orcies11.esp
(874.46 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

- If you ask Silver-Back about "help the clan through you" after getting journal state 20, you can get infinite copies of his sword.
- Lusty gives you a Blade of Blood even if you don't have Silver-Back's sword in your inventory
- Orgron's "a little proposition" dialogue assumes that the player has Silver-Back's sword in your inventory
- Dorisa's initial greeting: "[T]ake a look at us, outlander" - needs capitalization + she likely wouldn't be saying "outlander" to someone outside of Morrowind
- You can repeatedly accept Orgron's "little proposition"
- There doesn't seem to be a way to progress the quest if you accept the "little proposition" and then kill Orgron anyway
- I couldn't figure out how to get paid/progress the quest after killing Silver-Back for Orgron
- Lurgosh doesn't have any new dialogue following the deaths of either Orgron or Silver-Back
- Races like Reachmen, Imperial, Breton, etc. should be capitalized in dialogue

hammered on sujammer
PT Modder

Thanks again for the feedback and help guys. I got a lot of edge cases under control with this latest esp and fixed a list of other small issues. Please let me know what you guys think!
Attachments
Clean_Orcies20.esp
(887.33 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

hammered on sujammer
PT Modder

This is the most updated version, big thanks to everyone for their help along the way.
Attachments
Copy of Clean_Orcies30.esp
(885.52 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Promoted. Welcome and congrats!

hammered on sujammer
PT Modder

Thanks again Raka. Very excited to be a part of the team

Violet