Lorkhansheart Umbranox Sabre Artefact

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
Lorkhansheart
Forumite

Lorkhansheart Umbranox Sabre Artefact

Post by Lorkhansheart »

this is a sword based on what it seen on the Umranox Statue seen in Anvil - included is an Icon, Atlassed Texture, Mesh, and UV Set
Attachments
Umbranox Sabre_Final.7z
(315.73 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Umbranox Sabre.7z
old version
(315.17 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Last edited by Lorkhansheart on Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

You seemingly did not include a file with your post.

Lorkhansheart
Forumite

Post by Lorkhansheart »

worsas wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:30 pm You seemingly did not include a file with your post.
sorry about that, im still getting used to how the Forum works - edited it and posted the file

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Fuck fuck fuck, I forgot about this.

So, let me see... Model and texture (even though stretched) look good and very vanilla-compliant. I haven't tested it on an npc to see if position and size are fitting, but I'll assume they are for now.
- The icon should be 32x32 rather than 16x16.
- The nif should be within meshes/pc/w rather than just meshes/pc

When these two things are fixed and an esp has been created, this can be put into the data addon. Since, it's an artifact, the weapon id should go something like T_Imp_UNI_...

Lorkhansheart
Forumite

Post by Lorkhansheart »

worsas wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:08 pm Fuck fuck fuck, I forgot about this.

So, let me see... Model and texture (even though stretched) look good and very vanilla-compliant. I haven't tested it on an npc to see if position and size are fitting, but I'll assume they are for now.
- The icon should be 32x32 rather than 16x16.
- The nif should be within meshes/pc/w rather than just meshes/pc

When these two things are fixed and an esp has been created, this can be put into the data addon. Since, it's an artifact, the weapon id should go something like T_Imp_UNI_...
updated with those fixes and added a plugin - the weapon ID is T_Imp_UNI_UmbranoxSabre

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

There are two small things with the structure of your nif-file that you should look for in future for cleanliness sake:

The scene node that contains the sword mesh does have an object scale which is not equal 1.0. This has the side-effect that the bounding box in the CS will not match the actual dimensions of the mesh. I'm not sure , but it might also have other side-effects, which is why it would be best to apply the scale of the scene node onto the mesh data. This can be accomplished both in blender and in nifskope.

But while we are speaking about that scene node, it should be mentioned that it's best practice to avoid as much hierarchy as possible in the file. Ideally your mesh (nitrishape) would be directly under the root node of the file rather than being contained in another scene node. The less scene nodes there are, the less the game needs to compute.

Both of these things can be fixed best by first applying the object scale of the scene node "w_umbranox_sabre_unique" onto the mesh data of the sword and then removing the blade mesh from its parent so it will be directly under the scene root. But since these two things are ultimately minor, there is no need for your to fix them yourself. I can prepare your nif for data inclusion quickly myself.

And in case you are not using Nifskope yet, I included an installation file with a version of Nifskope which works with Morrowind-era nif files (newer versions are lacking support in many places). Nifskope can be a huge help if you need to view the contents of a nif file quickly or if you want to make edits to the hierarchy, etc.
Attachments
nifskope-1.1.3.7z
(8.3 MiB) Downloaded 34 times

Return to “Modder Showcase”