[PC_q2_GC07_Journal] Booze for Brickmasons [Spammer]

Claimed work is Reviewed here before being marked as Complete
Violet
Lead Dev

[PC_q2_GC07_Journal] Booze for Brickmasons [Spammer]

Post by Violet »

PC_q2_GC07_Journal - Booze for Brickmasons (could use a better name imo, "Inebriated Construction"?)

This is the quest claim for "Booze for Brickmasons". Quest synopsis:

Part of the work the Legion oversees is the maintanence of the Imperial Highways, as the color roads are incredibly important to Cyrodiilic Infrastructure, currently, there is one such project on a small portion of the Gold Road - inbetween Brina Cross and Gosha Inn (Gold Coast Region -113, -49). The workers on the Gold Road are exhausted and stressed working day and night to repair the road. They just need something to take the edge off, and would like you to help them get it. One of them, Lekia, ask you to visit the Iron Man Tavern to pick up some Colovian Brandy from Warahn - one of the publicans there. Warahn owes Lekia a favor, so he'll hand you a could of bottles for a discount if you tell him Lekia sent you. She'll ask you to stash the brandy in a barrel out of sight. Their boss, Acreo Callo, prefers to keep things professional - as such, this is to be a dry operation. Needless to say, Lekia asks you NOT to inform Acreo. Your choices are:

A. Do as Lekia asks. Lekia will give you some gold and thank you for your help. If you return later, Acreo will be furious, complaining that his workers snuck booze in and one of them got themselves hurt (Brenen), and that the project will have to be delayed even further.
B. Report to Acreo and rat them out, you'll get some (very, very minor) faction rep with the Legion and some low level Imperial equipment, like iron bracers or something. If you return later, you'll find that both Lekia and Brenen quit. With his workers quitting, Acreo is upset, as the project will have to be delayed until he can hire more workers.

This quest is meant to be a bit of a gag, as no matter what you do - the road will never be fixed (due to the road being made of terrain, and thus there's no way *to* fix the road barring OpenMWLua or MWSELua). It's also one of the few quests that send you to Fort Strand. You'll need to make a unique, quest-specific barrel for this quest to work.

NPCs you'll need to make for this quest:

-(Imperial, Male) Acreo Callo - Imperial Legion member and Lekia & Brenen's boss
-(Colo-Redguard, Female) Lekia - worker for Acreo
-(Redguard, Male) Brenen - Lekia's co-worker
-Possibly a 3rd worker, though 2 should be fine.

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

May I claim this one please?

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Granted, happy modding!

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

Here's the first draft. The quest is complete, I just need to spice up the dialogues
Attachments
pcq2gc07.7z
(738.46 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

Added some dialogues, fixed a looping choice issue, corrected some spelling/grammar mistakes.
There are probably more though, English not being my native language. The file is officially no longer a draft ^_^
Attachments
pcq2gc07.7z
(739.36 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

Corrected some loopholes in the scripts.

File ready for review! :)
Attachments
pcq2gc07.7z
(739.37 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

Denis418
Denis

Post by Denis418 »

Here is my feedback on the quest. Again, you're very good with dialogue!

1. It is better to not use custom animations. It's best to be done in an optional plugin.
2. When you kill Lekia, the journal says, that Brenen is dead; golden road -> Golden Road.
3. These player responses need square brackets []. Also, I would advise to not use the cat statue. It might be a neat collectible to steal, but it does take away from vanilla flavour a bit.
4. It's better to scale down Lekia's barrel to 1.0. It is also hovering above ground with its left side.
5. I know that capslock text is used in vanilla, but imho, it's better not to rely on it.
6. I felt like the money involved in the deal is too big sum for a brickmason worker. And she also gives it all to you, a stranger, even though there's a high enaugh disposition threshhold. I'd suggest making it so she asks you to buy 3 bottles instead, and gives you 250/350 gold.
7. Lekia and Brenen have expensive clothes and she has an expensive set of pants on her. Better remove the gloves and change her pants to a common variant.
8. In these journal updates: the first entry: Leika -> Lekia, Khajit -> Khajiit, the second entry: khajit -> Khajiit. Edit: additional feedback from Tombomb: rephrase the last entry to something like: "Warahn gave me the wine. Lekia would expect to find it in the barrel under the oak tree."
9. Its better to not put Goodbye in this NPCs dialogue, as he's a service provider. I think his reply allows to continue the dialogue. Edit: additional feedback from Violet: this NPC should not provide services.

Thanks for your hard work!
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

Updated
Attachments
PCq2gc07.7z
(45.75 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

Return to “Reviewing”