Jojes Quest Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
KALLEKANNIBAL
PT Modder

Jojes Quest Showcase

Post by KALLEKANNIBAL »

Adds a bounty hunter quest on Stirk, kill pirates for money. Syro Neminus in the Stirk town hall is hiring mercenaries, adventurers, anyone who is willing to help.

Adds new dialogue to npc's where they talk about pirates. Tried to spice it up as much as i could i do not know how lore accurate it is to project Cyrodiil.

Includes bug fixes for two dialogue trees. Fulvius Lecrere would have looping dialogue when asked about "Kayds Amulet" and Fennia Maxim would endlessly gift the player 150 gold after the quests completion.
Attachments
Stirk_Pirate_Bounty.zip
(8.62 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

I'm only focusing on the new quest.

In general:
- A number of entries have capitalization, grammar, typo, etc. issues.
- IDs should now use underscores instead of hyphens.
- PT and TR use American English spelling.

Dirty dialogue:
- Greeting 9: "I STILL don't like you. And I STILL don't want to talk to you."
- Greeting 5: "Hello. I am Geon Auline, collector of fine artifacts."

"pirate jewelry":
- This should have a journal filter for the first entry so that the player can't immediately jump to this topic if they've talked to someone in a different mod that has mentioned "pirate jewelry"
- "<=" checks need to be "<" since they currently give a failure result when the player has the appropriate amount of rings (they never fire due to preceding entries and filters, but important to address)

Greeting 5:
- "Talked to PC < 0" filter should be changed to == 0 or deleted since you have a higher entry with "Talked to PC > 0" filter (see "Journal" below)
- For easier review, "journal < 10" filter should be changed to == 0 or deleted since you have a higher entry with "journal > 0" filter
- The three Greeting 5 entries filtered for "PC_i1-Str_Syro Neminus" look like they've fallen to the bottom of G5

Journal:
- "Talked to PC" resets to 0 after 3 ingame days. If the player declines the quest and waits 3 days, they'll have to talk to the NPC twice to get him to ask the player whether they have reconsidered. It'd be better to add a new journal entry at stage 5 that outlines Syro's request of the player. Then, stage 10 is when the player has accepted the quest. The G5 entries should be refiltered to use states 0, 5, and 10, rather than "Talked to PC."
- The new stage 5 should have "Finished" checked such that the player can talk to Syro without the quest being added to the active page in the journal.
- Stage 10 should have "Restart" checked such that the quest gets added to the journal upon accepting Syro's request.

Scripting/dialogue results:
- Functions need spaces: player->removeitem <ID> <#>
- "AddTopic <topic ID>" is required in the dialogue results when an entry introduces a new topic
- Script "IarnusDead" needs "short T_Local_NPC" added
- OnDeath block in "IarnusDead" needs a journal check to gate the journal update unless the player has started the quest

KALLEKANNIBAL
PT Modder

Post by KALLEKANNIBAL »

Im from Finland, they teach UK english in our schools. I used a program to check for spelling errors with the settings on american english.

There was two things i did not know what to do about "you will get an reward" the program suggested "a reward" instead but after an internet search it just said "some people use a and others use an before the word reward".

There was an other sentence that troubled me "We have records of what they call themselves and what they are usually wearing" the program suggested "worn" but i decided against it since i believe that "worn" means "in the past"

Otherwise i hope i got everything right.
Attachments
Stirk_pirate_quest.ESP
(31.86 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

No problem. Most nitpicky stuff can be corrected by quest reviewers after a claim is completed, if needed. Your latest showcase submission is very close.

Sorry for the confusion, but the <> should be ignored in my original comments. So all AddTopic results should look like:

Code: Select all

AddTopic "pirate jewelry"
One outstanding journal that needs correcting is this one:
I brought Iarnus ring to Syro Neminus, he was satisfied and told me i can still bring rings from dead pirates to him.
...which should look more like this (added apostrophe and new sentence):
I brought Iarnus' ring to Syro Neminus. He was satisfied and told me I can still bring rings from dead pirates to him.
This "pirate jewelry" entry still needs an initial journal filter to make sure the player can't click it without starting the quest:
Excellent! How many do you have?
All entries in "pirates" that are filtered for classes or factions (or no filters at all, like the bottom entry) require this Local variable filter: PC_County == 0. This filter limits the dialogue to NPCs in Anvil County. This isn't needed for ID-filtered NPCs.

This is just a heads up for the future, but not applicable to this showcase:
All uses of T_Cyr classes, whether they're for filters or NPCs, need to be changed to the vanilla class or T_Glb equivalent. The easiest way to do this is to first look at the T_Glb classes and see if your class is there. If not, use the vanilla class.

KALLEKANNIBAL
PT Modder

Post by KALLEKANNIBAL »

Third times (usually is) the charm
Attachments
Stirk_pirate_quest.ESP
(31.83 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Looks good. Congratulations and welcome!

Return to “Modder Showcase”