[PC_q2_Anv06_Journal] Portrait of a Mugging [Spammer]

Claimed work is Reviewed here before being marked as Complete
Violet
Lead Dev

[PC_q2_Anv06_Journal] Portrait of a Mugging [Spammer]

Post by Violet »

PC_q2_Anv06_Journal - Portrait of a Mugging

This is the quest claim for "Portrait of a Mugging". Quest synopsis:

A young breton girl named Elausa Yvienne stands on a city square (preferably, far away from the Painters Guild), maybe with a small luggage nearby. If the player addresses her, she will ask him for the directions to the Painters Guild. The player may tell her the directions, and if they do, they can either leave the conversation at that or ask her why she's looking for the Painters Guild. At which point the quest will begin.

She has just arrived from some town in High Rock. Her parents sent her to find employment here as a painter. But she was robbed immediately after stepping down from the ship. The problem is, that her bag had a recommendation letter to the local Guild of Painters. And now she has no money, nor the recommendation to find employment.

The player has several choices (in any order you prefer):
1. Offer her 200 gold - but she will blatantly refuse to take gold from a stranger.
2. Goodbye.
3. Approach the leader of the Painters Guild and persuade him to find her employment (diplomacy/personality/reputation check or simply a disposition check).
4. Find the thief - any rogue class NPC could point the player to the thief, found in the Counts Arms Inn.

After approaching the thief a player should succeed in a disposition check. After that he'll find out that the bastard spent all the money, but he still has got the letter. Only that he used it to wrap his breakfast in. The player has 4 choices:
1. Call him out on a duel - which he will refuse due to not being a fighter. The player may taunt and kill him in usual vanilla way (no scripting).
2. Press him to amend the gold he has spent - after the persuasion check he will give you a gem of equal value.
3. Take the letter and leave him be - Elausa will be glad to receive it, but shocked with it's condition.
4. Give him to the guard - Pavo Salvius - who's currently in the Inn.
5. If the player is a member of the Cyrodiil Thieves Guild, they can ask if the thief is in the guild. They'll answer no, in which case you can intimidate them into handing both the letter and two gems of equal value, but that he will call the guard, Pavo, and accuse you of your (accurate) ties to the Thieves Guild if you speak to him again.

In any case other than death or arrest, the thief travels to the bandit camp on a hill east of Anvil and becomes hostile.

The main reward is disposition boost in the P. Guild. (Can be added in when the Painters Guild faction).

NPCs you'll need to make for this quest:

-(Breton, Female, Commoner) Elausa Yvienne
-(any gender or race you want within reason) The Thief
-(Imperial, Male, Guard) Pavo Salvius, Imperial Guard hanging out near the Inn's bar.

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

May I claim this one please?

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

First draft. Quest complete, just need to revamp dialogues
Attachments
PCq2Anv06.7z
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 29 times

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

Ready for review.
Attachments
pcq2anv06.7z
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 33 times

Denis418
Denis

Post by Denis418 »

Hello and thank you for tackling this quest.

I have played it by the route of paying to the guild lawyer and here are my findings:
1. 'Painters Guild' should be capitalised in the first journal entry. The second entry: Painers Guild -> Painters Guild, arecommendation -> recommendation, a chitin armor -> chitin armor, desperately need -> desperately needs.
2. Dialogue choices should be in square brackets in this dialogue (for when the choices are not quotes of what you're going to say). Also the player should probably know how much does it cost to pay for her. So it would be good to include it in the choice text.
3. The reward for the quest is quite expensive. This should be a low level quest. Probably, a rare useful ingredient could be better. Like, a flower. Also, the painting is caspering from behind (it has no back side). The price of the painting she presented to the guild head is also quite steep.
4. I liked very much that every guild member has unique entry about Elausa after the quest ends. But it would be better if she moves in the Guild's interior after it. Maybe on the first floor near the Khajiit.
5. Middle entry here: to give her chance to Elausa -> to give Elausa a chance.
6. I tried very hard, but I failed to find the mugger xD I checked three taverns that I have found around the city and didn't see him there. Maybe there could be an additional clue to direct the player to him? I'd love to play this path of the quest too :)
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

Updated
Attachments
pCq2Anv06.7z
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 21 times

Return to “Reviewing”