Lumpag's Interior Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
Lumpag
PT Modder

Lumpag's Interior Showcase

Post by Lumpag »

Title says it all, made a lower class two-story unoccupied Hlaalu shop basement/storage area with the
bottom floor engaged in a "lucrative" side-hustle.

The Cell's name is ironically enough entitled "TR_Lumpag_InteriorShowcase".
Attachments
PT_Lumpag_Interior_Showcase.ESP
(11.11 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
RIP Vrenmalog 2002-2022

Jackimoff Wackimoff
PT Modder

Post by Jackimoff Wackimoff »

Int needs to fit an ext before I can do a proper review.

Take a look at the ex_hlaalu_b assets and see which one you want to fit your int to. The closest I can see is a b_28 with a basement, for that to fit all you'll need to do is reduce the width of the top floor from 2x4 tiles to 2x3 tiles.

Once it fits an ext I can review it properly, but at a glance the clutter looks nice and the assets are appropriate. However, there are no Tamriel_data assets present. Load this esp alongside Tamriel_data.esm and add some clutter from either the T_com or T_de lists.

Lumpag
PT Modder

Post by Lumpag »

Removed two cells from the top floor and added some Tamriel_data clutter. File seemed clean from the get go.
Attachments
Lumpag_Interior_Showcase_01.ESP
(11.12 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
RIP Vrenmalog 2002-2022

Jackimoff Wackimoff
PT Modder

Alright, looks like it needs re cleaning. Give it another clean with TESAME because I'm getting that same issue you were having where some of the assets are in odd places/missing. Remember to clean any esp with TESAME after you're done editing it or you can get dirty files. Only your cell and the pathgrid reference should be left in the file.

Speaking of, there doesn't appear to be a pathgrid. Make sure to add one. Here's a guide for pathgrids: https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content ... g-tutorial

Finally, and this isn't your fault you couldn't have known this, but the broken bottle assets are getting removed from data so on my end they don't appear correctly so please swap them out or remove them.

Lumpag
PT Modder

Post by Lumpag »

All set, should be clean.
Attachments
Dababy.ESP
(10.87 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
RIP Vrenmalog 2002-2022

Jackimoff Wackimoff
PT Modder

Name: TR_Lumpag_InteriorShowcase

Clean: Yes, good

Lighting: Ambient way too blue, for a hlaalu int try to match the colour provided in the image below.
Sunlight and Fog greyscale, never have your settings use the same value in all 3 slots, and avoid using zero. Set fog and sunlight to 20,10,10.
Blue lighting assets are reserved for mages, please replace light_de_lantern_10_177_Static with a normal yellow one

Northmarker: Present, good

Fits exterior: Yes, good

Pathgrid: A few errors. Make sure none of your pathgrid goes through any walls or furniture, and there appears to be a random node on the roof at the bottom of the stairs.
VERY good grasp on using as few nodes as possible however, excellent efficiency. Don't see nodes that efficiently used in a showcase often. Nice job.

Illegal to Sleep Here: Yes, good.

Gridsnap: Yes, good

Set Mismatch:
T_De_FurnR_Chair_01, replace with a P chair

Bleeders: Will check for this once the assets on the furniture are sorted

Floaters: Will check for this once the assets on the furniture are sorted

Rescaled miscs: None, good

Other:

de_p furniture is used in showcases to test whether you can rotate objects to sit right on uneven surfaces. Please roate all objects on top of furniture to sit right on the surfaces. A tutorial for good item placement can be found here: https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content ... t-tutorial

Could do with a little more variety in the tamriel data assets, these are all statics. A couple miscs or drinks would flesh this out a lot.

Number of skooma bottles and moon sugar assets is quite excessive, remove about half of them.
Attachments
Screenshot_457.png
Screenshot_457.png (2.55 KiB) Viewed 9031 times

Lumpag
PT Modder

Post by Lumpag »

Changed as requested for the most part. Had a few problems with the rotation but it seems to be alright for now.
Attachments
Showcase205.ESP
(9.29 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
RIP Vrenmalog 2002-2022

Mark
PT Modder

Post by Mark »

Very nice work, good looking int overall. Still a few issues that need fixing.

Tileset issues:
  • The way you have the stairs set up makes it so there's a missing wall. Always good to check out your ints in game to see these things better. I suggest changing the piece with the exterior door on it to be in_hlaalu_room_door2 instead of the hall corner. Then add a standalone in_hlaalu_wall.
Asset issues:
  • Good effort with adding TD drinks. The imperial wine makes sense as those are fairly common imports. But the Nordic drinks don't make sense because this is a Hlaalu building, far away from Skyrim. I'd suggest replacing them with Llotham or Guar Milk or even Goya (Goya is expensive so use sparingly).
  • common_shirt_01_z -- This is a Zainab ashlander shirt, so replace it with something else (the letters next to the common shirt 01's represent the tribes)
  • 2 skillbooks is a bit much for any small interior, let alone a sketchy place like this. I recommend replacing one with another book.
Placement issues:
  • Rugs need to be bled into the ground a little bit so it doesn't look like their tassels are floating
  • chest_small_02_gold_25 (the one on the top floor) is noticeably floating on one end
There is no Pathgrid in this interior (you may have accidentally cleaned it out of the file), so it needs to be re-added.

Fix these final issues and I'll recommend for promotion.

Lumpag
PT Modder

Post by Lumpag »

Should be all fixed.
Attachments
Cleanandmean255.ESP
(9.85 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
RIP Vrenmalog 2002-2022

Mark
PT Modder

Post by Mark »

Redguard pot "T_Rga_Pot_01" doesn't belong in a Hlaalu int, but I should've mentioned that last review. Won't make you post the file for that single fix because the rest is all fixed up, so this is a pass.

Recommending for Promotion to int modder!

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Promoted.

Welcome to the team!

Return to “Modder Showcase”