oOw's Quest Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
oOw
Forumite

oOw's Quest Showcase

Post by oOw »

The quest is available at Karthwasten, Skyrim. You can ask for latest rumors to start the quest. Or you can start directly at Dancing Saber: Tavern and talk to a Redguard named Owzar. Hope you guys like the quest!
Attachments
Eager_RedguardV2.ESP
(198.34 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Always glad to see another quest showcase. Here are some initial findings while I dive deeper into the quest. Nothing too serious, but some important stuff nonetheless:

There's a ton of dirty dialogue which needs to be cleaned.

reeh_jahScript:
- "reeh_jah" on line 41 (disable "reeh_jah") is superfluous. Only "disable" is needed.
- A journal check needs to be added to the OnDeath block to ensure that the journal update only fires if the player is on the quest.

Sky_OwzarOnDeath:
- OnDeath, CellChanged, and other events that return "1" for only one frame should preferably be 1) placed as the topmost checks of their blocks, 2), only be checked in one block per script, and 3) be checked near the beginning of the script.
- I recommend changing our OnDeaths to a single "if ( OnDeath )" as the topmost check of a block and then checking for journal < 190 and journal <= 190 under it.
- "if ( Cellchanged == 1 )" should be brought up to be the topmost check of a block.
- "doonce" on line 19 (Set doonce to 1) is missing a "short" declaration in the beginning of the script and it also doesn't do anything when set to 1. The script will currently disable Sky_EAGER_KW_Jayrti every frame. It's better in this case to include a "if ( GetDisabled )" check to prevent this.
- A journal check needs to be added to the OnDeath block to ensure that the journal update only fires if the player is on the quest.

Sky_Arrival_Jayrti:
- The 3 "GetDisabled" checks for Sky_EAGER_KW_Jayrti should be consolidated down into two checks: "if (GetDisabled == 1 )" and "if ( GetDisabled == 0 )".

General:
- Your script indentations are inconsistent. I recommend using a text editor that inputs a specific number of spaces when hitting Tab, such as 4.
- Just a heads up for your future claims: We've replaced the T_Sky, T_Cyr, etc. classes with vanilla and T_Glb classes. If an NPC's class doesn't have a T_Glb variant, then use the vanilla equivalent.

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Scripting:
- See above post.

Dialogue/Journal:
- I liked the variety of topics.
- Diseased greetings take precedence over Greeting 5, so greetings that need to fire every time must go in Greeting 1. The entries that have a "Goodbye" and the entry that fires after bring Jayrti to Owzar need to be moved to G1.
- I'd like to see a couple of additional entries for "sister" to add some variety. You can use Random100 to give each a similar chance of firing.
- Lots of dialogue has been dirtied. This occurs when you add or move entries. You can use tes3cmd or TESAME to clean it.
- You should avoid including first-person suggestions in the journal ("I should do x", "I feel y"). Instead, summarize NPCs' requests or statements.
- The journal entries are numerically out of order. It makes reviewing more difficult.

Return to “Modder Showcase”