[PC_q2_Anv12_Journal] Daughter of a Marksman [WellTemperedClavier]

Claimed work is Reviewed here before being marked as Complete
Violet
Lead Dev

[PC_q2_Anv12_Journal] Daughter of a Marksman [WellTemperedClavier]

Post by Violet »

PC_q2_Anv12_Journal - "Daughter of a Marksman"

Quest Description

Thena Inventius wants to be just like her old man, but her father thinks she's not ready for hunting - especially not on her own. She's heard rumors of an Alphyn coming down from the Colovian Highlands. Help her hunt it down to prove that she's capable. Meet her east of Brina Cross, track down the beast, and kill it with her. If you do, give her a day and she'll be back at her house, where her father will thank you for chaparoning her, giving you a small reward for your trouble. If she died during the quest, her father will no longer offer Marksmanship training, and both him, his wife, and Ermar Tobvarsen the Harbormaster (who is staying with them and is a close friend of the family) will all take a severe hit to their disposition. A rumor will also begin to circulate about how some moron (player race) got Pinarus' daughter killed.

WellTemperedClavier
PT Modder

Post by WellTemperedClavier »

I'll claim this.

WellTemperedClavier
PT Modder

Here is a working .esp of "Daughter of a Marksman".

It will need to be adjusted slightly when the Inventius family is placed in an interior.
Attachments
Clean PC_q2_Anv12_DaughterOfAMarksman.ESP
(24.68 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Denis418
Denis

Post by Denis418 »

I'm afraid that no matter what I choose in the first response to Thena's pledge, the dialogue cuts short and there is no way to continue the quest (OpenMW). The dialogue I got to see is a pleasure to read, though
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

Denis418
Denis

Post by Denis418 »

Hello, it's me again ^_^

I played this quest on Vanilla engine and the above problems are gone. Some other things though:
- The quest has no name. I know, you fixed this in your other claims.
- Pinarus' gloves clip with his shirt. Maybe swap the shirt while this asset is clipping so.
- Thena's first choice dialogue doesn't work correctly. If you choose to help her, nothing happens. But when you revisit the topic and get a new offer to make this choice, it works.
- Thena has a Brina Cross greeting while still in Anvil.
- Thena mentions that you should meet her at the western gate of BC, while the journal says, northern gates.

One major concern is that the game froze both times I attempted to do the quest past the Anvil sequence. When I hired a driver to travel to Brina Cross, the game froze on load. And when I teleported to Brina Cross via cheatmenu and pressed Wait, the game froze on load again. After I deactivated the esp, such instances stopped occuring. Couldn't finish the quest yet because of it.

Otherwise, the quest is good. I suggest to also introduce some alphyn lore\description to the dialogue, since it will probably be the first time players deal with this creature.

Thank you for your work!
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

WellTemperedClavier
PT Modder

Here's an updated version.

- The quest name's been added.
- I experimented with a few other similar shirts, but Pinarus's glove always clip through. I can remove the gloves if you want.
- Thena's dialogue has been fixed, as has her location.
- The scripting now works in both OpenMW and Vanilla.
- Pinarus won't offer training. Rakanishu says it might be an issue with the Anvil .esp, so he'll take a look at that. If you fail the quest, Pinarus' disposition will go to zero and his greeting will automatically go to Goodbye, effectively locking the player out of training once it's enabled.
Attachments
PC_q2_Anv12_DaughterOfAMarksman.ESP
(27.82 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

The stuff about Ermar Tobvarsen should be removed in review - he is no longer cohabiting a building with the Inventius family
A far green country, under a swift sunrise
she/her

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

In accordance with the de-Oblivion-ification of Anvil, the Inventiuses were renamed. The mother and father are now Biala and Suralian Astinus/Astinia. Their daughter is Thena Astinia, and she can be found in the Sailor's Fluke Tavern.
Please edit the quest in review for these changes.
A far green country, under a swift sunrise
she/her

Return to “Reviewing”