GodTartaros Interior Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
God Tartaros
Forumite

GodTartaros Interior Showcase

Post by God Tartaros »

Hello, here is my interior showcase - I am very new to using the CS, so I hope that even if I do not get in, I will lean from this.

The cell name is "PC_HlaaluHouseShowcase"

I wasn't sure if you wanted me to connect it to an exterior building to see what it is supposed to be within, so I placed the building shell within the interior cell so you can se it there.

Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing back from you!
Attachments
PC_MyHlaaluHouseShowcase.rar
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Moyglass
PT Modder

Post by Moyglass »

Welcome GodTartaros!

I'm not an interior reviewer but I did take a quick look at your showcase. It's pretty good overall, I certainly believe you'll be capable of passing your showcase.

-Overall, the shell does fit. For houses like this one I would use in_hlaalu_hall pieces rather than in_hlaalu_room pieces. They should fit together better in small homes like this without the need for extra posts.

-Showcases require the use of de_p furniture (dunmer poor) rather than the de_r (dunmer rich) currently in the showcase. This is to test your ability to rotate objects on uneven surfaces so that they rest properly. The current furniture will all have to be swapped out to de_p

-There are a couple of floaters (Objects floating slightly above surfaces rather than resting on them) and bleeders (objects that poke through other surfaces) Once you update the furniture, I can point some of these out specifically

- Lighting needs to be adjusted. Lower sunlight values to 10-20 and shift ambient values to around 60-80, brown or orange colors work well for hlaalu. Check out lighting here: https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content ... tyle-guide

-There is an extra in hlaalu wall behind the dining table that can be deleted.

-Tapestry placement should be higher. If you could join our discord I would be able to show you some images of proper tapestry placement. Discord link here: https://discord.gg/hUUQCn7V. I would defiantly recommend joining our discord if you haven't already. It's where most of our communication takes place.

To answer your question, you don't need to include the exterior shell ex_hlaalu_b_10. Though it is helpful to make a note of it when posting a showcase. Nothing wrong with using it as a reference while making the interior shell too.

When I was working on my showcase, I kept referring to the following guides that I found quite useful:
https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content ... -showcases -Guidelines every showcase must meet
https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content ... g-tutorial -Helpful guide
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind_Mod: ... _Shortcuts - Lifesaver for beginners can save a lot of time

Don't be discouraged by any of this, everyone has to edit their showcases often multiple times before being accepted. I would defiantly recommend joining our discord as that's where we communicate the most.

God Tartaros
Forumite

Post by God Tartaros »

Thank you very much for you input, I appreciate it and it was helpful!

God Tartaros
Forumite

Post by God Tartaros »

Hello!

I have made some changes to the interior so I hope this is better - though, I'm sure I've still missed something lol

Anyway, thank you in advance for taking a look!
Attachments
PC_MyHlaaluHouseShowcase.rar
New ESP
(2.81 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

I will review this, might be a couple of days though
A far green country, under a swift sunrise
she/her

christixn
-Banned-

Post by christixn »

I'd suggest joining our discord, we are all much more active there and can answer any questions you may have regarding your showcase.

https://discord.gg/3EB9hSem
He/Him

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

Hi GodTartaros -- thanks for submitting a showcase!

Some comments:
  • Make sure to use some Tamriel_Data items in your showcase
  • Try to fill up shelves with items, and make sure to rotate them so they sit flush on the de_p uneven surfaces
  • You don't need to use the modular walls and pillars in an int like this
  • There are quite a few bleeders in this cell. Make sure to use the F key to drop items to the surface below them, and to look for the dotted green-and-red line to indicate something is sitting flush.
  • Minor thing, but three pillows is probably a little much.
  • Make sure to mark the illegal to sleep checkbox on a non-dungeon int
Finally, please try to fill out more clutter through this claim. something like 150-250 is a good number of refs to shoot for here.
Overall a good start. Make sure to ask on discord if you have questions or just want feedback as you work on this.
A far green country, under a swift sunrise
she/her

God Tartaros
Forumite

Post by God Tartaros »

Hello, it has been a while; life has been busy for me but I finally got around to working on this showcase again, I hope you'll still be willing to take a look despite the long gap between replies.
Attachments
PC_MyHlaaluHouseShowcase.ESP
(14.77 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

Denis418
Denis

Post by Denis418 »

Hello and sorry for neglecting it for so long. We're definitely interested in your showcase and new members! It's just, we're very few and the tasks are many, and we sometimes overlook things.

Name: PC_HlaaluHouseShowcase
Lighting: Ok. Make your Fog values above 0. light_com_candle_05 on the second floor - replace it with a variant that has smaller radius of light. This one has 128 - too much for one small candle. Also, when you place a lightsource of big magnitude, it tends to create green light (paints some items nearby in sickly green hue).
Fits exterior: Fits ex_hlaalu_b_10.
Gridsnap: good.
Pathgrid: Ok, but you could try to place another node in front of the bed by reducing the size of the bed to 0.9.
Northmarker: Absent. You have to place it. It's in the Statics tab.
Illegal to sleep here: Yes, correct.

Floaters (items that do not touch the surface they're on):
- furn_de_rug_big_06 - carpets with tassels should be buried into the floor until the tassels touch the floor.
- All items on the table float.
- furn_de_p_bench_03 - one inch above the floor.
- light_de_lamp_06 - above the floor. Lights can't be F-dropped, sadly. You have to lower it manually.
Second floor
- misc_de_bowl_white_01 - this type of bowls has a pointy bottom. You have to bleed them into the surface below a bit, so they look like their bottom is normal - flat.
- All of the items on the bookshelf either float or bleed into the shelf. The shears and the napkin are almost completely buried into the shelf's surface. The main task of the showcase is to get a hang of placing items in a way when they do not bleed, nor float. A perfectly placed item should have a punctured bounding box on its bottom side, which indicates, that it is laying flush on the surface. Take a look at this video also, to understand item placement better.
- common_shirt_01 - most of the clothes float a bit when placed in default position. You have to bleed them for a couple of milimeters into the surface below.
- light_de_lantern_02_128
- a pillow under the bed.

Bleeders (items that poke through other objects):
- furn_de_p_chair_01 - bleeds into the carpet. Raise it and F-drop it (press F while the chair is selected to drop it on the surface below).
- furn_de_p_table_04 - bleeds into the carpet with its legs. It is best to place furniture either on the carpet or on the floor. Furniture that stands on the carpet only partially should be tilted.
- T_De_Urn_02 - into the plant pot.
Second floor
- both furn_de_p_shelf_02 are bleeding into the wall with one side and are detached from the wall with another. You can press Angle Snap (a button with red triangle at the top of the CS screen) and rotate the objects in set increments. By default, you'll rotate them in 45 degrees.
- furn_de_p_chair_02 is bleeding into the table and into the floor.
- furn_de_p_table_06 bleeds into the floor. There is a hidden paper piece inside the table. Also, every item on the table is either floating or bleeding.
- Com_Basket_01_POS - bleeds into the wall. Also, it may spawn various inapropriate loot. Best to replace it with a variant that contains pillows or common clutter.
- chest_small_01_gold_50 - into the shelf. You can lock your chests by double-clicking on them and ticking the Lock box. Then you'll be able to enter a level of complexity for the lock (low level chests should have 10-40). Always use values in the increments of 5. You can make your unique interior key to unlock this gold chest: use the Key tab in its property window and choose your key in the drop down. When you're done with the lock, press Cancel to close the chest's property window (never press Save, unless you know what you're doing).
- furn_de_screen_guar_01 into the bed.
- active_de_p_bed_04 into the wall with its legs.
- misc_com_bottle_02 into the floor under the bed.

Other:
- I'm afraid, using multiple in_hlaalu_wall like that to create the shell won't do. You have to use as little pieces as possible. For this, use premade hlaalu interior blocks like the ones you use on the top floor. One block should usually contain the floor, the ceiling and 2 walls in it as one mesh.
- You've placed corprus meat into the plate, which is a non-edible ingredient from the vanilla main quest (human meat, basically). Replace it with something edible, like scuttle.
- Silverware is too fancy for poor interiors, you have to replace it with woodware.
- Blueware (T_De_BluewareFlask01) belongs to upper class interiors. Same with a pitcher upstairs. Replace them with cheaper looking vessels, like a redware pitcher. Refer to this Hlaalu Style Guide for more guidelines.
- key_caius_cosades floats mid-air above the table. It seems like it was hidden in some vessel that was deleted afterwards. That's a good idea to hide a key like that. But you should not use Caius' key here. You have to create a new key based on it, or another key item in the misc tab. Give it the following ID: PC_GodTartaros_Showcase_Key. You could even tie this key to a closed chest in your interior.
Second floor
- It's ok to place empty sacks, but you should be aware that com_sack_01 is empty. There are copies with food and clutter available in the CS.
- T_De_GreenGlassPot_01 - this vessel is for upper class.
- Remember to sink pillows into the bed for 1/4 of their height. The same rule aplies to flat sacks (round sacks should be sunk for a couple of inches). This will make them look like soft objects.

General feedback: youre biggest task right now is to learn item placement. Your cluttering looks good. Fix above items and we can proceed to the promotion.
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

Return to “Modder Showcase”