Issues with installation or Journal/item IDs incorrectly listed on UESP

Report any errors in the SHotN public files here
rustyknife
Forumite

Issues with installation or Journal/item IDs incorrectly listed on UESP

Post by rustyknife »

Howdy, I highly doubt this has anything to do with y'all's work, but maybe y'all could help anyway. I'm running SHotN on OpenMW in case this is a common issue.
I unfortunately found the Notes on Shadow Magic before doing the quest Penumbra, and sold it to a merchant thinking it was a alchemy recipe with some world building added in. For my own sanity I figured I'd either skip the quest stage (Journal "Sky_qRe_KW_MG05_Journal", 100) or spawn the book (placeatpc, "Sky-qRe_KW_MG06_Notes", 1,0,0), but, unfortunately, they both brought back error codes. Would anyone know if this was an installation issue on my end, an OpenMW/OpenMW android limitation, or the IDs listed on UESP being incorrectly listed? Any help would be appreciated, and if it's the latter I'd be happy to update the UESP pages.

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

A lot of UESP IDs are outdated now since we did a big internal overhaul, sorry for the confusion. That quest ID is now "Sky_qRe_KWMG6_Journal" and the item is "Sky_qRe_KWMG6_Notes".

I recommend using "player->additem Sky_qRe_KWMG6_Notes 1" instead of "placeatpc" for items that the player can pick up.

rustyknife
Forumite

Post by rustyknife »

Rakanishu wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:51 am A lot of UESP IDs are outdated now since we did a big internal overhaul, sorry for the confusion. That quest ID is now "Sky_qRe_KWMG6_Journal" and the item is "Sky_qRe_KWMG6_Notes".
Very much appreciated!

Return to “SHotN Playtesting & Error Reporting”