Ask your questions here

General project talk
Ted
Forumite

Ask your questions here

Post by Ted »

Edit: A thread for asking general questions about the mod. -roerich

Question - what about places from Shadowkey?
Like Snowline — a tiny village on the Hammerfell/Skyrim border
or Dragonfields — a wooded area west of Dragonstar etc. full list on UESP?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Hi Ted! Our worldspace ends just outside the western gates of Dragonstar, so for now no Dragonfields, although we had plans to include it at some point. Snowline won't be included either. But you'll be able to visit Dragonstar itself, still divided between Skyrim and the Crown faction of Hammerfell. You'll also meet at least one NPC from Shadowkey, if you're good at exploring.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

Thanks for reply!
I just asked, because on some maps of the project I have seen that you have plans for lands beyond Dragonstar

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/mFjWYU5.png[/hsimg]

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Yeah, that is an older map I made, it is very much outdated now. You should refer to the maps in the OP for the most up-to-date maps.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

Ok, thanks again.
And another question, so Markarth now not on the island?
You'll also meet at least one NPC from Shadowkey, if you're good at exploring.
You done NPC's for Dragonstar? :shock:

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Moved your questions as I'd like for the Location Map thread to be as uncluttered as possible.

And no, Markarth is now on a cliffy peninsula, stretching out from the westernmost Haafinheim forest. The river Karth bends around it on the western side, through a river valley domined by high cliffs on both sides.

And nope, no NPC'ing for Dragonstar yet.. There's a certain NPC hidden somewhere near Karthwasten though.
- Taniquetil

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Hi Ted, I'm the guy working on Dragonstar. I took some MGE screens on the Dragonstar's construction site to illustrate what Roerich said.

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/ZMuCp5l.png[/hsimg] [hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/I6ulqUo.png[/hsimg] [hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/AXixE5P.png[/hsimg]

There is very little space between Dragonstar and our mod's border - we won't go beyond that canyon, opening on the left side - too little to make there a separate region. So no Dragonfields included, sadly, but there won't be a shortage of trees either. This area belongs to Druadach Highlands region, and as you can see for example on Scamp's blog there is plenty of flourishing vegetation here. :)

Cheers!

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

I think Berry just answered this, but is the reason that Dragonfields won't be included is because that its border is near Hammerfell?

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

Moved your questions as I'd like for the Location Map thread to be as uncluttered as possible.
Thanks! Thread like this will be very useful for new members. I am, however, not very new. I follow project from the old forums. :D
Hi Ted, I'm the guy working on Dragonstar. I took some MGE screens on the Dragonstar's construction site to illustrate what Roerich said.
Ok, I understand.

A statue of Dragon from Ebonheart just a placeholder statue of the two-headed dragon?

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Ted wrote: A statue of Dragon from Ebonheart just a placeholder statue of the two-headed dragon?
Yes, no worries. If there's nobody to have the proper fountain modeled, we will just go with it being destroyed during Bend'r-mahk.
arrianas wrote:I think Berry just answered this, but is the reason that Dragonfields won't be included is because that its border is near Hammerfell?
Well, I might not be the most suitable to deal with the lore/fluff stuff, but I believe Dragonfields are Hammerfell already, since Dragonstar West belongs to that province too. That's one thing then, definitely. The other thing is the way our Skyrim-Hammerfell borders look like (huge mesas), and how this particular area looks like. There is just no place to fit them here, plus we already have our regions smaller than they were in vanilla game, so it would be unreasonable to segment them even further.

So I guess our fluff is just that the Dragonfields begin behind that canyon. :)

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

What about falmers?
Not monsters from tesV, but ancient dungeons, items, city ruins? Or they will be around Winghelm and you don't think about them now?

griff
PT Modder

Post by griff »

Ted wrote:What about falmers?
Not monsters from tesV, but ancient dungeons, items, city ruins? Or they will be around Winghelm and you don't think about them now?
We are not going to be implementing them in anyway. Theres a post on the old forums somewhere explaining why.

uno Dos Dres
Forumite

Post by uno Dos Dres »

Guys, can you explain me claim map? Which locations are finished/almost finished? Is it ones with dev. names on it? Asking because i'm a lil bit confused. Some terrains like southern ones was worked on a few years ago, but in this map still as claim (number)

Thanks guys for colossal work =) about 5 years i have something to read about in the evenings =)

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hey UnoDosDres,

here you can view a slightly more up-to-date result of a makemaps-action, outlining a possible release area. The white blocks you see are only there by accident. That area is finished by now:
http://imgur.com/Jd2bEVJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The druadach highlands have been given a rather massive overhaul as you see, but we expect to be finishing the other areas significantly faster. The amount of work needing done on them is much smaller, at least.
While we speak, Berry is finishing his touchups to the area 11. After that 20 and 12 will be edited, but probably to a much lesser degree. After that npcs and quests -> release.

uno Dos Dres
Forumite

Post by uno Dos Dres »

Thanks Worsas,

Is there any ideas to release also preview .esm with unfinished parts? Or visiting Markarth will be available with second release?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

uno Dos Dres wrote:Thanks Worsas,

Is there any ideas to release also preview .esm with unfinished parts? Or visiting Markarth will be available with second release?
I think it would absolutely make sense to release a preview of the non-completed landmass. It's been gathering dust in our internal forum for much too long and people should be enabled to appreciate the work that has been put into all of this.

uno Dos Dres
Forumite

Post by uno Dos Dres »

Great to hear it, Muspila

I want to write a small feedback to you guys, from both projects

roerich - all you do is so awesome! All the exterior work is so original and breathtaking, especially towns and cities. Sometimes i can't even imagine how people can create places like you do. Looking forward to visit Markarth, Baurichal and Dunbarrow. And off-course in future Haafingar.. I think if you claim this city it will be most fascinating place in province. People can't be good just in one thing... I'm talking about your interiors, they are just perfect. THANK YOU

Berry - i think then you joined this project, it was new start, breath of fresh air. You showed whole team that this project still can leave and it was a big morale boost. All landmass/terrain work you did is awesome and unique! Comparing with vanilla MW it is big step forward. THANK YOU

spineinside - all the modeling you did in flora, direnni assets and other items is outstanding! I think there is no impossible things for you to create. I saw your exterior showcase, and it is so cool. Looking forward to see bigger claims from you, because i know you will complete them like a boss. THANK YOU

Yeti and Luxray - veterans of SHOTN, who still take a part in creation of this project. All concept/brainstorming/npc work you do is very important and is on high level! THANK YOU

Scamp - while almost everyone is waiting Half-life 3, i'm waiting you to return. And while i see you new post i still believe you do. THANK YOU #scampreturn

Infragris - all lore, maps, books, brainstorming, planning you do... it's insane. Why you still not in bethesda team... And i know, P:C what you, and your companions are creating will be hundred times better than Oblivion. I really enjoy to read all of your stuff. THANK YOU

Saint_Jiub - high level modeler. If you need very detailed item or creature, you better call Jiub. Your work on armors, fauna and off-course on art! Just brilliant! THANK YOU

Last, but not least. Worsas - heart of this project. You always see how things should be done, and your advice is very important to all of the team. Nothing can exist without a leader, and you perfectly do your "job". People trust you because you are good friend, and always support any ideas. Don't wanna talk about all technical work you did all those years, it's indescribable. I really enjoyed Direnni. THANK YOU

And BIG THANKS to all who is, or was involved to this perfect project!

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Wow, thankyou. I've probably spent far too much of my life on this project and I hope we'll finally be able to get a larger piece of the mod to a halfway finished state para disfrutar!

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Thanks!! That truly means a lot! I hope we can prepare a preview file soon!
- Taniquetil

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

Thank you very much, uno Dos Dres ! Will try to keep a good work.

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

SHotN bigger than TESV? How bigger?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

@Ted

Here is a comparison between the gameworld size of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim: https://www.flickr.com/photos/69777065@N06/6350916606/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (source: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/126454 ... omparison/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

The size of our Reach is a tiny bit smaller than Vvardenfell IIRC. There's an overview screenshot somewhere, but I can't find it.
- Taniquetil

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

WOW. This is a lot bigger.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

uno Dos Dres wrote: Scamp - while almost everyone is waiting Half-life 3, i'm waiting you to return. And while i see you new post i still believe you do. THANK YOU #scampreturn
I was hoping myself for Scamp to return. Doing so is like coming home.

Btw, couldn't agree more on the rest. I love your post.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/bE2PiAG.jpg[/hsimg]

Here's that Vvardenfell comparison map.

Thanks for the kind words! It's nice to know people are actually following our progress these days.
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

I hadn't realized ho much you can already done that is amazing.

Are there any plans to include black books?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Are there any plans to include black books?
Not really, at least not ones that transfer you to Apocrypha, as it would require us to create assets for that realm of Oblivion first and we already have our hands full of work with what's already here.

But we have some old direnni tomes that could double as black books, if someone wanted to make everything else, needed to create the respective oblivion levels. After the data merge we'll also have a rather majestic range of books that could be spread across the realm. But, really, someone would have to step in and create that stuff. I don't think any of the people that are currently around, will.

Moritius
PT Modder

Post by Moritius »

Long time ago I was doing Black Book model and started to make Apocrypha assets. Maybe I have those WIPs somewhere so I could finish them.
<ThomasRuz> A cleansing potion, with a nasty side-effect
<rotouns> Drain Spear 50 / 3600s
<ThomasRuz> We shall call it... the potion of impotency!

Outlander
PT Modder

Post by Outlander »

i remember seeing a worldspace map with all the regions of Project Cyrodiil, Skyrim Home Of The Nords and Tamriel Rebuilt being posted here somewhere.

could anyone repost a link to that map?

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

I had this
[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/Dhzo8H5.jpg[/hsimg]
And this
[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/hNZ4zlT.jpg[/hsimg]

This is from TR forums

Return to “SHotN General Discussion”