Karthwasten: Brokk's Bundles of Barley [Kaiel]

View and discuss completed claims
Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Karthwasten: Brokk's Bundles of Barley [Kaiel]

Post by Rakanishu »

Needs a new title.

DS-KW Bridge quest:
Braljor Muddy-Thigh, operator of mills in Karthwasten, has been supplying the Shadowkey Tavern in DS with flour, but hasn't received payment for his latest shipment. Upon asking Brokk, the bartender about it, he claims they never received the shipment. Asking around, the player discovers the shipment was seized by census and excise under suspicion of smuggling. The player must convince the C&E agent to release the shipment, at which point Brokk will pay them for it. Upon returning to Lelena, the player is rewarded.

C&E official might ask the player to do in exchange for releasing the shipment, such as stealing something back that he lost in a game of Nine-Holes.

Please use Sky_qRe_KW08_ prefix for everything.

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Claimed by Kaiel on Discord.

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

Submitting for review, fixed some issues that were in common with MAI02 like adding failure states.
Attachments
Clean Sky_KW08.ESP
(31.68 KiB) Downloaded 115 times

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Reviewing

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Merged into Dragonstar Sectionfile

Notes:

- No dirty entries is wonderful.
- Arvend's dialogue was unexpected and great.
- Remember to set the Quest Name (usually 0), Finished (usually 10), and Restart (usually 20) journal ID tags.
- Quest items need Enable/Disable blocks to prevent them from appearing before the start of a quest (PT/TR deviation from vanilla).
- I modified various journal entries to remove first-person "leading" statements and suggestions such as (generalizing here) "I should do X" or "So-and-so will want to hear about this". Vanilla does occasionally include these, but TR and SHOTN quests try to avoid it. The player can instead be nudged towards these suggestions via appropriate character and world-building.

Changes:

Gameplay:
- I added an extra path so that the player can just ask Secucius for the dagger without trying to steal it. He seemed nice enough. This required a modification to the dagger script and some extra dialogue.
- Changed quest mechanics a bit such that the player gets either the dagger or the secret, not both, to prevent possible loose ends.

Journal:
- Set "Quest Name" for journal state 0
- Set "Finished" for journal state 10
- Set "Restart" for journal state 20
- Changed mechanics and Journal 10 entry so that it fires right after talking about flour rather than after refusing his request (more similar to other quest structures)
- Journal state 55: "She claims Secucius won the <dagger>" (added missing word)
- Journal state 60: Doesn't appear to fire anywhere so I modified the dagger script
- Changed the wording of 62, 65, and 67 to reflect modified paths

Dialogue:
- Fixed some instances of Brokk referring to Braljor as a female
- Fixed some grammar/spelling here and there
- Moved/added entries to "last shipment of flour" and "stolen family heirloom" to reflect changes
- Added unique Background and My Trade entries for Braljor and Gorelus

Scripts:
- Moved Sky_Pub_DSE_Shadowkey's OnDeath check to the top of the script since the event only fires once for one frame
- Renamed Heirloom_sc script to Dagger_sc to reflect the ID of the item it's attached to
- Added an opportunity to fire Journal 60 in Dagger_sc
Attachments
Sky_KW08_Final.ESP
(34.63 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

Return to “Completed”