[PC_q2_Anv13_Journal] Heritage of the Hadrachs [Spammer]

Claimed work is Reviewed here before being marked as Complete
Violet
Lead Dev

[PC_q2_Anv13_Journal] Heritage of the Hadrachs [Spammer]

Post by Violet »

PC_q2_Anv13_Journal - "Heritage of the Hadrachs"

Quest Description

Akatrina Hadrach is hurting for quick cash and needs someone to delve into her family crypt (which is full of ghosts) just outside the city walls and retrieve something for her to sell off, giving you the key in the process. She'll ask you to grab 3 (UNI) items and bring them back to her, letting you keep 1 of them for yourself. Though be careful, each unique item will cause more ghosts to spawn when picked up.

All three items should be mid or mid-high tier in terms of usefulness. They shouldn't be Daedric or Ebony-levels of usefulness or anything, but more useful than Bonemold or Steel imo.

NOTE: Look at the cursed gems in vanilla daedric shrines and the scripts attached if you're having trouble with spawning the ghosts when picking up the items.

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

Would like to claim!

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

Granting
A far green country, under a swift sunrise
she/her

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

Reviewable
Attachments
PC_q2_Anv13_Journal.7z
(182.35 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Reviewing

Good work, we don't exactly have a large amount of dungeon crawls in PC atm so this was a lot of fun. I had a lot of trouble finding the items - but that's not a bad thing, as it forced me to use Detect Enchantment for the first time in pretty much ever. I wasn't able to complete the quest, however, as the ghosts were spawning too rapidly to get the last one (the amulet). I did encounter some issues, mainly dialogue based, the script work was great aside from 2 issues I've detailed in "Notes".

NOTES:
Spoiler
-The requirement for starting the quest is a bit much. I would stick closer to vanilla and cut the 70 Disposition requirement down to 50 (or remove the requirement entirely), likewise, I'd remove the Goodbye lines for when your Disposition isn't high enough to be closer to vanilla, as a player likely wouldn't know there's a quest here if they weren't directed there via Latest Rumors (or if they didn't look it up beforehand), and if they did - they aren't clued in as to how to start it.

-Likewise, I'd also remove the "Teleport" bit of the advice and stick to a generic "Get out of there fast" kind of advice for when you start the quest. She isn't supposed to be a mage but a noble & member of the navy, and there's a strong possibility that the player isn't a mage either.

-I would also change the "i removed the curse on the amulet" to something like "I had the Mages Guild remove the curse on the amulet for you." Could also name drop Hannibal Traven or Carahil as the one she hired to remove the curse on it for added flavor. Again, she isn't meant to be a mage or sorcerer.

-The key added in is unnecessary. She should have a key that unlocks the crypt on her person already ("PC_i2_Anv67_key"), so please change it to that. As it's already linked up to that load door.

-From topic "Quick Buck": "Here's the key to my family crypt, just outside of town. I need you to retrieve some old stuff my ancestors wished to be buried with - Selling those might solve all my problems. Be careful though, they might not be very happy about you taking what is theirs. I advise you teleport outside of the crypt as soon as you have all three of what I'm looking for - The bow of my great uncle Hastus, the helm of his brother Ahris and the amulet of Vasi, a distant relative."

The dashes need to be double dashes to conform to Morrowind dialogue standards.

-The curse scripts need a DoOnce, as the MessageBox loops infinitely. I would also strongly suggest lengthening the time between ghost spawns as they spawn way too fast when you're trying to grab the remaining items (especially the amulet, since it's difficult to grab and ghosts often spawn on top of it). 5 seconds is like 3 swings of an axe at most.

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

v1.1
Attachments
PC_q2_Anv13_Journal.7z
(182.22 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

Spammer
PT Modder

Post by Spammer »

Found an error in the helm script

Should be good now