Anvil, Guild of Astrologers [Lucevar][Reviewed]

View and discuss completed claims
Taniquetil
Site Admin

Anvil, Guild of Astrologers [Lucevar][Reviewed]

Post by Taniquetil »

A guild hall of the Guild of Astrologers in Anvil's middle class district. This guildhall should use M furniture and have a separate room for the guildmaster, shared accommodations for the lower-ranking members, a number of desks and work areas, a printing press (for the published almanacs), and a folded telescope (like the ones on the balcony).

Claimant should feel free to create generic books for the almanacs.

From Infragris' minor guilds document:
The Astrologers study the heavens, moons and the sun, with a special focus on birthsigns and the significance of the constellations.
The guild publishes accredited almanacs listing weather forecasts, proper planting and sowing times, tide tables, celestial events such as eclipses or the different times on which the sun and moons rise and set throughout the year, projections for the path of the Serpent constellation, and the dates of various religious festivals.
Besides general almanacs for the common people, the guild also makes specialized versions for farmers, sailors and mages - the latter listing auspicious dates for rituals and summoning dates for the Daedra.
Individual astrologers also provide personal horoscopes, and are often asked to determine and interpret the birthsign of newborn children. Some wealthy merchants and nobles keep court astrologers as part of their retinue of advisors.
The Astrologers Guild is also known to create star-maps and navigational instruments which are very useful for sea voyages. As such their guildhalls are often found in port cities. Many also come to the guild to acquire fine lenses and other optical instruments for scholarly research or various industrial applications.
Astrology should by all means not be confused with the science of astrolothurgy, a rather obscure and hermetic scholarly discipline preoccupied with the nature and mechanical influence of the Magna-Ge on the mortal world. While some astrologers also dabble in astrolothurgy (much like many mages and scholars dabble in astrology for professional reasons), the latter is considerably more advanced and sometimes associated with the Psijic Endeavor.
A far green country, under a swift sunrise
she/her

Lucevar
PT Modder

Post by Lucevar »

Can I claim this? Will use the nifty new exterior with the balcony that Tani made for the telescopes.

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

Granted - enjoy! I will upload a new sectionfile tonight with the updated exterior
she/her

christixn
-Banned-

Post by christixn »

Here is the shell.
Attachments
PC_Anvil, Guild of Astrologers.esp
(11.39 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
He/Him

Lucevar
PT Modder

Post by Lucevar »

Uploading a wip for safekeeping. Mostly just requires clutter now, I think. And thorough cleaning
Spoiler
to hide all the thieving copy pasting I did from other cells
because I am a good citizen.
Attachments
PC_Anvil, Guild of Astrologers.esp
WIP
(33.48 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

Updated with new photo for recent ext shell move + adjustment. The only tiny change to the int is the addition of two small 1x1x2 wings to the sides of the building to obscure the unsightly seams between the ext tower and the rest of the structure.

Also, please use M furniture throughout, if it's not too much trouble to switch. (Rather than R in the guildmaster's quarters as originally prompted). If the R furniture has already been placed, it's no worries, I can replace it in review.
she/her

Lucevar
PT Modder

Post by Lucevar »

Ready for review. Has the two new wings and the R furniture is changed to M with the exception of one lectern and some bookends.

Characterisation notes:
The ground floor side rooms are used for consultations with the public. The guildmaster takes advantage of the perks and has significantly less cramped living conditions than the other guildies, there is probably some jealousy. Scattered a few fortify/restore fatigue potions around to signal that they're being worked very hard.

Guildies: the guildmaster is Altmer iirc, probably female. There's a Redguard guildie who's either homesick or recently moved, a guildie who's turned to drink because they're miserable with the conditions, and one blank slate I didn't have any personality in mind for as I was making this.

New assets:
- T_Imp_SetGC_I_Fireplace_02 - a version of the Anvil fireplace that has a long enough chimney that a fireplace on the third floor is not required.
- Three new Astrology-themed books I wrote for the guild, since the claim description allows for it. They are:

T_Bk_AetherialEphemerisPC - The Aetherial Ephemeris and Astrological Alamanac - a generic almanac for sailors, merchant shipping HQs, the navy, etc. Could be used cross-province. Published by the Astrologers Guild.

T_Bk_HarvestingHeavensPC - Harvesting By The Heavens - a generic farmers almanac that could go in just about any rural household. The kind of book that gets given to a young couple when they move in and they occasionally read a few relevant pages, but they don't really bother to update to the latest versions so the edition you find in a house might be 30 years old. Enthusiastic or scientifically-minded farmers and noblemen who actually care about their land might make more active use of it. Could be used cross-province. Published by the Astrologers Guild.

T_Bk_KnowYourPlacePC - The Importance of Knowing Your Place - a slightly silly book tangentially related to daedric summoning dates that I wrote when I was very sleep deprived. Could fit in astrological or mage-themed ints, or cultist shrines. Was initially intended to be a guide to the daedric summoning dates as mentioned in the claim desc, but it seems to me (based on Invocation of Azura) that that's actually quite rare knowledge.

Suggested assets:
- Would be cool to have constellation charts, the table by the window in the workshop could be converted to someone drawing out a chart.
Attachments
Anvil Guild of Astrologers.zip
(33.42 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

Reviewing
she/her

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

Reviewed

Name: Anvil, Guild of Astrologers

Clean: Deleted custom items. See note in Other section re: books; fireplace is merged in newest addon.

Fits exterior: Yes

Lighting: Brought down red ambient a bit

Northmarker: Present, but not correct rotation. Fixed in review

Pathgrid: Not present. Added in review.

Illegal to Sleep Here: Yes

Gridsnap: Yes

Bleeders:
- T_Com_Furn_Bed_02
- misc_clothbolt_02
- Light_Com_Candle_12_77
- T_Rga_Flute_01
- T_CyrCom_Var_Sk2MscGC
- T_Imp_Furn_Planter_03 (x2)
- T_CyrImp_FurnM_Cl1EpFGC
- T_Imp_FurnM_Bookshelf_04
- light_com_lamp_01
- T_CyrImp_FurnM_Ds1Paper
- furn_com_rm_chair_03
- T_CyrImp_Furn_Cb1BowlWd
- T_CyrCom_Var_Sk3FoodGC (X2)
- T_Imp_Scrollcase_01
- bk_InvocationOfAzura
- T_Bk_DeSphaeraNirniOpenPC
- T_bk_CrookTailedKhajiitTR
- bk_manyfacesmissinggod
- T_Imp_FurnM_Bookshelf_02
- T_Imp_FurnR_Lectern_01
- T_Com_Spyglass01

Floaters:
- T_CyrCom_Furn_Ch1CltCmGC
- T_CyrCom_Var_Bs1FoodGC
- T_Com_Spyglass01
- text_paper_roll_01 (x4)
- T_Imp_ColClayPot_01
- sc_paper plain (x6)
- Light_Com_Candle_12_77
- light_com_chandelier_03
- light_com_lamp_01
- light_com_sconce_01
- T_CyrCom_Var_Cr4Empty
- T_Imp_Scrollcase_01
- light_com_candle_10_off
- light_com_candle_08
- T_Com_Furn_Basin_01
- T_CyrCom_Furn_Ch3BkCol
- com_chest_02
- light_com_candle_08
- T_Imp_Furn_RugBigCm_12
- furn_c_t_tower_01
- furn_c_t_lover_01
- Furn_Com_RM_Bar_02
- Furn_Com_RM_Bar_01 (x2)
- T_CyrImp_Furn_ChS2G050
- misc_imp_silverware_plate_03
- T_Com_Hourglass_01
- T_Imp_Furn_Incense_01_64
- T_Com_Compass_02 (x2)
- furn_c_t_warrior_01

Other:
- Remade round tower walls and added ceiling trim
- Replaced cobbled room pieces with prefab
- Added missing trim to doorjamb ceilings
- misc_uni_pillow_01 need to be sunkem
- Adjusted tapestries' height to standard
- Rotated T_Imp_SetGC_I_Fireplace_02 to grid
- rotated some items off default
- Deleted second crystal ball on upstairs desk - these should be rare
- Added under-stairs area on second floor for a bit more space
- Added tapestries to second floor office
- Rotated compass to match north
- Bled T_CyrCom_Var_Sk1Grain and T_CyrCom_Var_Sk1Rice
- Sank cabinets a bit to a more accessible height
- added missing corner pillar to downstairs doorjamb
- Flipped orientation of bar pieces for seamless texture
- Replaced Furn_Com_RM_Bar_02 with Furn_Com_RM_Bar_04 for seamless texture
- added some decorative rocks to planter to look less bare
- Deleted second magnetic compass on ground level - these should be rare
- Deleted duplicate books on downstairs shelf
- Deleted custom books on downstairs shelf - when these are merged with new models, I will re-add them.
- Deleted rich bookend
- Centered all windows
- furn_com_rm_table_05
- T_Com_CrystalBallStand_01
- T_Com_CrystalBall_01
- Added missing pillarblocks to stair pillars to cover caspering

This is a well characterized and well cluttered int, so good job overall. Please watch your bleeders and floaters though.
Please make sure to use the correct tileset pieces. Cobbling the whole thing from loose walls makes it much more difficult to fix any shell errors.
Also please make sure to always include pathgrid and aligned northmarker.
Attachments
PC_Anvil, Guild of Astrologers_REVIEWED.esp
(54.33 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
she/her

Taniquetil
Site Admin

Post by Taniquetil »

Merged into Anvil v108 sectionfile
she/her

Return to “Completed”