SHotN Regions Description

Any province related discussion not fitting into other categories
roerich
Cruel Warlord

SHotN Regions Description

Post by roerich »

A list of short region descriptions and tags to be used by Trans-Aurbical Symphonist (M.A.). The list is incomplete and will expanded.

Drajkmyr Marsh
Mysterious salt marsh region. The labyrinthine network of waterways and islands makes it easy for the Hjaal to retreat and hide from invaders. Ringed by mountains on all land sides.
Mysterious, unforgiving, isolated, coastal, watchful, foggy, marshlands, wet, cold

ImageImage

Vaalstag Highlands
The foothill region of Skaldring Mountains, overlooking the southern Solitude Forest and the mesas of the Reach. Rocky, thinly populated and dotted with barrows.
Golden/autumnal colourscheme. Borderlands, highlands, ascent, birch and larch trees, autumnal, barrows

ImageImage

Kreathi Dale
A large valley characterized by the massive lake Ilinalta at its bottom. Deep pine forests ring the lake and stretch all the way to the surrounding highlands to the west and north-west and to the mountains on all other sides. A classic fantasy kingdom with castles and vast forests like the art of Vsevolod Ivanov and the 19th century Russian landscape painters.
Lush, heavily forested, elven, mysterious, medieval, high fantasy, Imperial, Colovian, hunting, logging,

Skaldring Mountains
A steep and unforgiving mountain chain stretching from coastal Drajkmyr marsh in the north to the Throat of the World. Contains Eldersblood Peak, the second tallest mountain in Skyrim after TotW. Confusing to travel, with bad roads, winds shifting quickly,
Wolves, steep mountains, sorrowful, harsh, barrier, bandits, confusing,

Njorvela
The northernmost part of the Whiterun hold, a high altitude tundra ringed by mountains to the east, north and west. Colourful red lichen and mosses, reindeer herds, pale grasses and sparse vegetation.
High altitude, tundra, colourful, cold

Ivory Steppe
Southern part of the Whiterun hold. A vast steppe valley by the foot of the Throat of the World mountains, with the White River cutting through it. Open grasslands with golden and pale grasses. Ascent towards the north-northwest. Cultivated around the river.
Vast, open, golden, Rohan, tundra, steppe

ImageImage
ImageImage

Gorvigh Ridge
A narrow mountain chain stretching from the coastline in the northwest to the east and southeast. Includes many passes, fortresses and valleys.
Borderlands, fortified, windy

Northshore
The lands between the Gorvigh Ridge mountains and the Sea of Ghosts. A thin stretch of snowy pine forests climbing up to the mountains and thick ice lining the coast. The “reaver stronghold” of Danstrar sits on a cove, protected by the gigantic skeleton of an ancestral sea wyrm. The Nords here hold true to the old ways, and the region is known for its past rebellions against southern overlords. The most stereotypical Viking hold, the Nords here enjoy the cold and the sea, and in past times were industrious reavers, whose fleets spread terror in all the coastlands of Tamriel.
Reavers, naval, Viking, cold, elemental nords, storms, fires, waves, battle, epic

ImageImage

Wuurthal Plains
A frozen isolated valley dotted by standing stones. No one lives here, but citizens of nearby Amol might go here for ice fishing. A legend is attached to the standing stones.
Isolated, frozen, ancestral, quiet, timeless

ImageImage

Troll’s Teeth
Tall, craggy mountains marking the northeastern end of Whiterun’s domain. There’s silver mine activity here protected by the Jarldom of Laintar.
Craggy, mountainous desolate, hostile, mines

Ysheim
A mountainous land of frozen peaks, large stretches of which is seemingly untouched since mythical times. There are valleys here that are completely forgotten, glaciers possibly hiding Falmer citadels and villages so isolated they might not have seen outsiders for centuries at a time. The region is dotted with mountain chains and glaciers. Mount Arnthor is the tallest peak. The cyclopean ruins of Saarthal are found in the north.
Himalaya, ancient, cloudy, frozen, snow whale, Falmer

ImageImage
ImageImage

Broken Cape
Steep cliffs clash against the unforgiving Sea of Ghosts. The northernmost part of the cape is where Atmorans first made land in Mereth, at Hsaarik’s Head. Tall cliffs jot out of the ocean and the coast is covered in ice. Faroe Islands in winter could be reference for the northern islands. The city-state of Winterhold is found here, a strong kingdom in a relentless environment, where rich merchants dot heavy furs and the College of Winterhold keeps the heritage of Shalidor alive.
Storm, frozen, blizzard, wind, winter, merchants, magic, naval

ImageImage

Reaver’s Shore
Snowy pine forests and treacherous coastlands in the foothills of the Ysheim mountains. In past times the region was infamous for reaver camps along the many hidden coves and natural harbors along with the coast, raiding passing ships and the coasts of Morrowind. The legion fort of Fort Kastav was built here to deter piracy, which has brought some control to the area, but the region is still an easy place to hide for those who don’t want to be found.
Forested, frozen, coastlands, windy, small coves, lawless

ImageImage

Eastmarch
Decisively rural, even for an old hold. Icelandic landscapes but including sporadic pine forests.
Rural, open, semi-forested, Icelandic, volcanic tundra

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Throat of the World
ImageImage

Rift Valley
ImageImage
ImageImage
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Greatdabunks
Forumite

Post by Greatdabunks »

Love it. If I may, I had an idea for the region of Ysheim, not in regards to the geography, but of the content and lore, and it is written in the form of a short book:

"To the grandious and ever splendid duke of Evermore. I present to you my participant on the contest on what to do with the enemies your armies so magnifically defeated and captured.

While other may vouch for rather old timed methods of dealing with them such as ransoming or a mass execution, I am sure your grace has grown rather tired of such methods and wishes for something new and even more terrible than such pleasantries.

My participant is no one else but Ysheim, a region on the rugged and frozen land of Skyrim that exemplifies those names and takes it to a new level. I can safely say that there is no place more cold and inhospit that this torture of a land created to kill anyone who may enter it. The land is misteryous and no proper cartography of it exists, the only guides being the local people who are famously called "Liars" by every person who you may ask except themselves. The wildlife is also a mistery of its own, all the accounts come from the "Liars" who describe creatures so impossible that it's not worth to waste paper to record them. Anyway, most people that enter never leave so that wildlife while impossible may be beneficial to your purposes.

Though I know that your most wise emminence might be troubled by people actually living on this region and perhaps even helping those that will be sent here. It shoudl not be a worry, for you see your grace, the region is barely populated. The biggest settlement is the town of Amol a rustic and simple place as the nords also are. Though of note is the strange amount of outsiders on the town all seeming reserved and rather apathic. It is also the only place to get a proper guide to leave those captured to their last destination, and for the proper amount they will know how to get back to civilization but not where the captured where left.

The people are known all around the country as "Liars" as I mentioned before, this is due to their impossible claims and descriptions of what is living on the region. Some of those talks refer to white structures where the snow poisons those who step inside. Of caves with creatures so big that they could be mistaken for giant rocks. And the most ridiculous of them all is the claim that Frost giants thrive on the region, next they could also talk about how unicorns and dragons also populate the wastes since they're at it.

Finally, your most pious grace, I humbly ask that you consider my participant when making the decision on what to do with the enemies whose lives belong to you.

Your humble servant Beranuel Monattet"

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hello Greatdabunks,
I recommend you dropping by our discord server. The forums are no longer in frequent use and your ideas are probably not going to receive a lot of attention in here.

https://discord.gg/RZX5mYz

See you there.

Return to “SHotN Skyrim Discussion”